\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, July 24, 2006

Lady in the Water

Last Saturday, I was bored to my wits. Thank gawd I didn't have a hangover from the previous night's drinking. I decided to watch the latest M. Night Shyamalan film.

Never miss the first few minoots. It will give you a glimpse on what the story is all about.

Loved Paul Giamatti in "Sideways". The stuttering character he breathed in was just adorable. He looks like an average Joe.

I was surprised to see Freddy Rodriguez. I miss his character, Federico, in "Six Feet Under".

If I were to choose my favorite character(s) in the film though, I would have to pick the Korean mother-daughter team. Watch out for these two!

In his past films, M. Night did some cameo roles. This time, his acting time was prolonged.

Let's talk about cinematography. M. Night is fond of giving us unusual shots. Remember the Alien shot through the tv set in "Signs"? This time, he did some out-of-focus in-your-face shots. I loved the way he showed the scene where the humongous eagle was picking up Story (Bryce Dallas Howard) through the pool water.

Basically, the movie is about finding your own purpose.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you like how the story was written? and the twist?

ako kasi parang this movie is m. night's not-so-good one. compared with the first ones that he did...

2:31 PM  
Blogger knottydon said...

well, people expected that there would be a shocking revelation in the end, just like his other films... pero I like the way he presented this story... fairy tale lang talaga sya ;oP

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oo nga. siguro i expected that much kaya ganon yung tingin ko :)

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home