\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Friday, July 14, 2006

Still on RSS

My good friend, Laaa, asked me what RSS is all about. The simplest way I could put it is by giving an example where it's being used... For example, you are using Firefox. It has this feature that would let you subscribe to any news or web content (such as blogs) and any changes to it will appear in the Live Bookmark section. It's very convenient. You don't have to go to each site to check if they have any updates. They just come to you. Sweet!!!

Now the next question is, how to do it?

First, if you have blogspot account, go to the Settings tab in your blog dashboard. When you compose your blog entries, it's located on top, right beside Posting tab.


Then click on Site Feed. Make sure that Publish Site Feed is set to Yes. Take note of your Site Feed URL. Mine is http://knottydon73.blogspot.com/atom.xml. Save your settings.


Now, go to your Firefox. Don't fret if you're using IE. I think the same feature will become available in IE 7.0. Go to Bookmarks menu and choose Manage Bookmarks. Go to File menu and add a new Live Bookmark. Add your details.


Make sure that your bookmarks are shown in Firefox sidebar (Ctrl+B). From there, you will know if your favorite sites have updates. TTOW!!!


If you've got questions, drop me a note. Now, start adding your friends' RSS feeds!!! Super thanks to Tiongks for introducing me to RSS ;oP

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this one is pretty neat. thanks for the info.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually use a web-based aggregator like www.bloglines.com. That way, I'm not tied down to my computer just to check out the blogs. :)

3:34 PM  
Blogger knottydon said...

glad that you, guys, found this technote useful ;oP

will check out Flock one of these days

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home