\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, August 28, 2006

unPLEASANT HELLs

Am not the most patient guy in the world. Last Friday was the ultimate test though. I left Makati around 8. It rained a bit so the air was crisp and cold. A van appeared to pick us up after a few minoots.

Around 9:30, I was still in Cubao. 1 hour or so to go and I'll be home, I thought.

At 10ish, I reached Fairview. Since I haven't had dinner yet, I bought some McShaker fries again. This time, I tried the Chili Cheese. It tastes a lot like BBQ flavor of Potato Corner. I waited a while for a Francisco Homes jeep. My food was already consumed. Patiently waited and there it was, an FH jeep.

At 10:30, the jeep stopped at Pangarap. I uttered, "oh my gawd!" There's an ongoing road construction at Pleasant Hills and this is the effect. That place was like a mile or two from where the jeep stopped. Big trucks, cars, vans, and jeeps were scattered everywhere. Some people were already walking because the traffic was jammed. What's worse was that, there were vehicles that counterflowed already and got stuck in the process. WTF! This shows how undisciplined people can be.

Waited for an hour and we're still not making any progress. I prayed that I'll reach home soon 'cause I haven't had dinner yet. Good thing, my tummy ain't achin'.

Some movement after 2 hours. Reached unPleasant Hells around 12:30. I wanted to scream at the people working on the construction. In ordinary days, Pangarap to Pleasant Hills can be traveled in just about 10 minoots. Got home around 1 am. No appetite but I had to eat sumpthin. To make me feel better, I played some Dungeon Siege before dozing off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may want to buy some energy bars/protein bars and maybe some string cheese so the next time you get stuck in traffic, you have something "healthy" to munch on (unlike those greasy, sodium-filled french fries you always eat). Energy bars/Protein bars and string cheese are good sources of protein; they're no-fuss, lightweight and ready to eat. Aside from that, they provide a good amount of nutrients and very little fat. I thought you may want to know. :-)

2:42 AM  
Blogger knottydon said...

thanks for the advice. i'd grab some granola bars next time i visit the grocery.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home