\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Couch Potato

Here's a list of tv shows I used to watch:

Sesame Street

I was a late speaker when I was a kid. Many thought I was mute. But super thanks to "Sesame Street" for teaching me how to speak and maybe sing. I think that's where I got my puppety voice too ;oP
My favorite character was the big dog. Can't remember his name. I thought Snuffle-upagus was creepy.

Batibot
Whenever I see a white cow pulling a caravan, I remember this tune, "Alagang-alaga namin si Puti. Bakang mataba, bakang maputi". Manang Bola's "Baaa-be-bi-bo-buuu". Ate Shena. Kuya Bodgie. Ning-ning & Ging-ging (Ernie & Bert's local counterparts). Why does Kiko Matsing sound like the veteran actress, Chuchi, from "Chicks to Chicks"?

Super Friends
Wonder Twins Power, Activate! Freakin' useless but i like 'em. Gleek, the monkey, rocks!

Care Bears
I still have the sticker book collection from Figurine Panini. If I were to choose a favorite, I'd probably pick Bedtime Bear.

Voltes V
I love to draw this robot when I was a child. Collected stickers too. Used to play with the robot (originally from my cousin, Dennis) but Kuya handed it over to one of my cousins. Crap!

Voltron, Defender of the Universe
Used to own a 5-pc lion-bot but can't seem to find it now.

Star Rangers
Red - Green - Blue - Pink - Yellow. I remember their weapons but can't seem to associate them with the colors. One has an arrow. One has a boomerang. One has grenade earrings (must be Pink 5).

Astroboy
Part of my Sunday viewing.

Thundercats
I used to own a Lion-O action figure. Their theme song is in my head right now. Feel the thunder, feel the roar!

He-Man and She-Ra
Owned a He-Man action figure too. The movie was a disappointment.

Muppet Babies
Cutey-patooteys!!! Love Beaker and Animal.

Transformers
Bumblebee is my ultimate favorite transformer. Can't wait to see him in the movie!

Perfect Strangers
Remember Balki and Larry Ap-ple-ton's dance of joy?

Beverly Hills 90210
Brandon and Brenda, the bitch. Loved Shannen Dougherty here.

Moonlighting
Bruce Willis & Cybill Shepherd are the perfect couple for me.

Twin Peaks
Who could ever forget the haunting theme song here?!

Twilight Zone
I can never forget the episode, "The After Hours", wherein a woman was so desperate to enter this mall. Little by little, her body starts to stiffen. Turned out that she'd become one of the mannequins. The episode where a guy could stop the time. And this boy who could bring anything to life just by stating, "Bring!".

6 Comments:

Blogger candylicious said...

ako don favorites ko nung bata ako: batibot, bioman (yellow 4), shaider... di pa uso nun ang cable pero nanunuod na ko ng national geographic sa channel 2 after ng coney reyes on camera... hehehehe....

4:23 PM  
Blogger knottydon said...

Ahhh, i remember "Coney Reyes on Camera"... maganda sa kanya, yun first part eh kunyari nag-t-taping pa lang... tapos after nun eh actual drama na... tapos mega-sing-along sa "I can't cover up my feelings in the name of love... It's My Turnnnnn".

Sa "Lovingly Yours, Helen" kasi, di mo pwedeng kantahin yun tugtog nila. Piano lang eh. Hehehe

Si Annie yun kita lagi panty sa "Shaider"???

4:46 PM  
Blogger tabel said...

The name of the dog is Barkley. Wala ng educational shows na ganyan ngayon... Puro na lang anime at away-away.. pathetic.

Tumatanda na nga tayo. hehehe

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh pleez, we all know that big bird is a big faggot and the care bears are so gay with their rainbow powers.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pasali sa larong i-to!

so sad on my part...wala kaming TV sa provincia nung araw. college na ako nung napanood ko ang Batibot...hehehe.si Shaider naman naririnig ko lang...hahaha!

regarding Tabels comment...sobra! ang papangit na ng mga pambatang palabas these days. iba na tuloy mga bata ngayon...like last night nadatnan kong nanonood si OYO ng Super Inggo...panget naman mga pinapakitang ugali ni Angelu e nanay yun ni Super Inggo. isa pa, 1st showing ng Crazy For You (Toni & Luis),preview pa lang sabi ni OYO,mom Crazy for You ba yan? wala lang...gusto ko lang i-share...di ko naman mapagbawalan ang yaya kasi yun lang din ang libangan nia at home...haaay!mag-kwento ba ng buhay buhay dito sa blog ni Don...hahaha!!!!!

pasencia...pasencia...na-carried away na naman ako.

~nikki~

3:00 PM  
Blogger knottydon said...

i'm just wondering how kids these days would turn out after watching the stuff on tv... tons of reality shows, tons of contests, tons of chinovelas, at meron pang "Keys Me". asan ang programming for the kids?

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home