\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Friday, September 08, 2006

Discounts Everywhere

Nikks and I headed to Greenbelt to celebrate Mama Mary's birthday by hearing mass. There was a lot of people occupying the good spots already. Instead of squeezing ourselves in the throng of churchgoers, I told Nikks that I know a very nice spot where we could still hear the gospel. Should you want to know about this secret place, read further ;oP

Otay, enter the land of PowerBooks. Go upstairs. They have a veranda where you could pull up a chair and enjoy the outdoors without getting yourself wet or get pushed around by other people.

Unforch, the speakers weren't too great and there was an ongoing construction of a nearby condo so I couldn't hear the gospel much.

When the priest was giving his final blessings, it started to rain badly. Y'know, the works! Thunder + lightning + rain in buckets!!!

Informed dad that I wouldn't go home tonight. It would be helluva traffic jam, fo sho'.

While waiting for Table, we did a little window shopping. We visited Springfield, CK, Kenneth Cole, Diesel, and other stores in Greenbelt 3. Found a lot of good stuff but we didn't bring any plastics with us. It's a good way to avoid temptation ;oP

Around 8, the default group of Nikks, Table, and I was complete. We proceeded to Recipes for dinner but the place was packed. We checked Sentro but weren't too lucky. We walked around and found National Sports Grill. Rose, a friend of Joe, recognized me right away. We celebrated our Christmas Party with 'em a few years ago. She didn't have an indoor table yet but informed us that she'll work on it later.

We were directed to our temporary table. Table and Nikks ordered Ceasar's again and some clubhouse. I got me-self some spareribs. After a few minoots, a waiter advised us to transfer inside.

As soon as I saw our new table, I thought, "Best seat in the house!!!". We were given a booth. TTOW!!! Many thanks to Rose!

When the food arrived, I ate right away. My head was killing me for not eating anything during my training break earlier. Table didn't like her food much.

I saw a promo card nearby. It says we can get free dessert if (a) we're an HSBC cardholder and (b) our bill amounts to 1K. Nikks and I are both HSBC cardholders but unforch, we didn't bring our cards. Table assumed that Nikks would be paying for dinner again so she didn't bring her card too. We tried calling people back in the office but nobody was heading to Greenbelt. They're all beezy.
Sadly, no dessert for all of us.

I texted Joe and asked him if Rose could give us free dessert. We just wouldn't give up that easily ;oP Joe told me that she might give us a discount. He promised to text her. After a few minoots, Rose appeared by my side and gave us 3 discount cards. We're entitled to a 10% discount for each visit (including tonight). Hotdogs!

Since it was still early, we decided to check out Platinum KTV located in Bel-Air Village. We've been wanting to visit this place but we couldn't get hold of their contact number to inquire about the place and promos. Anyhoo, we found the place and inquired about their facilities.

For 10 people, they're offering a place for 400 per hour. For 20 people, I think it's about 500. And for 40 people, it will cost you 700 per hour. Sumpthin like that. The place offers flatscreen tvs and nice audio system. Not all rooms have cordless microphones though. Beer will cost you 70 bucks. We had fun looking at their menus 'cause of the numerous spelling mistakes. Don't forget to check it out!

While deciding whether or not we want to try it tonight, I borrowed their songlist. We inspected their songs and made mental notes on what songs to sing the minoot we enter their rooms. Found some nice songs not included in my MagicSing.

Eventually, we rented a room for 2 hours. We sang "If You're Not the One", "Promise Me", "Take a Chance", "Super Trouper", "Ulan", "Broken Vow", "Because of You", "Creep", "Without You", "Never Gonna Let You Go", "Walking on Sunshine", and many others. Too bad they don't have my signature song, "Call Me". Table was able to sing hers ("I'll Be There For You") though.

The funny thing is we lasted for 2 hours without drinking anything or ordering any food. Teehee.

They included VAT in their service. They have 10% service charge though. Not bad. Plus, they gave us a temporary VIP Gold card. It will entitle us to a 10% discount for cash payments. On Friday & Saturday, 5% only. If our bill amounts to 3K, they will give us a sticker. 10 stickers will be our ticket to have our Gold membership upgraded to Platinum which would entitle us to 20% discount. Hmmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home