\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Friday, September 29, 2006

Street Battle

Was supposed to go to GSIS again yesterday with mom but when I woke her up around 5:30, she told me that she won't attend her training. Bummer! Instead of going back to bed, I immediately boarded a jeep to Fairview.

There's a typhoon expected to arrive around 11. Classes had been suspended already. Texted my boss asking if we still have work but according to her, there's no word from management yet.

Reached Makati before 8 am. Mama Butch was at her desk already. Dax, Ruthie, Olive, Sherwin, and a few other people were present. All of them asking if we still have work today.

A few minoots later, she received a call from my boss, informing everyone that we can all go home. Good news but they should've told us much much earlier.

I had brekky with Butch, Jimmy, and Rudy.

Around 9, while I was brushing my teeth, I heard Butch calling my name. She told me that she had spoken with our President. For people that find it hard to go home, the company is offering a free ride. ZOMG (quoting my friend, Alwyn), that's great news!

I immediately packed my stuff. While waiting for Jimmy & the van, we saw Nicho. We told him about the free ride. He joined us a few minoots later. With Rudy riding shotgun, the five of us headed for the street battle.

Many roads were flooded already. Traffic was just otay. Wind was blowing hard. There were a lotta people struggling to hold their umbrellas and tree branches lying around or reclining like tired runners. This is krezy. Can't wait to get home.

After dropping off Nicho in Sampaloc and Butch in C5, we headed to Bulacan. Surprisingly, the weather looks promising in our area. Got home before noon.

Watched the news later. Devastation struck.

Here are a couple of aftermath photos:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home