\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

6UG, Part One

The original plan was to have lunch at KFC but Butch suggested that we eat at this place that his friend recommends. So we met his friend named Odette at KFC then we proceeded to Palanca. The place is called 6 Underground, a.k.a. 6UG. At night time, it's a bar where live music is played. At lunch time, it's converted into a canteen.

The first thing I noticed is that not too many people eat there. I asked Odette why. She told me that the place is not that famous yet.

They offer about 8 to 10 different viands. Odette ordered some chicken. Nikks had some fish with coconut milk. Butch had fish sinigang. I had some pork-that-looks-like-adobo. I asked the waiter for soda. They don't have one. Crap! They serve cold water on wine glasses though.

Their policy is eat-now-pay-later. I kinda wondered how they could keep up with what each one actually ordered. I later found out my meal costs 70 pesos only.

After our quick meal, I checked out the area. The place is located underground so there are lotsa dark corners at noon. I found a nice area where people could sit on very comfy chairs. They have low ceiling so the chandelier at the center is an accident waiting to happen. Didn't see any fire exit door. Hmmmm.... The restrooms are located outside. I went there alone in the morning and it felt like I was in a horror flick.

I'm very interested to see 6UG at night. Wait for the second part of this review ;oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home