\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Slimmers World Forever!!!

Had lunch at Yoshinoya today. Presented my Slimmers World card and got a 10% discount. Hot dogs!!!

Since Monday I've been inviting friends to go to the gym with me. I was given a free gym trial for my friends. Armed with our gym stuff, Aedner, Aidz, Butch, Nikks and I left our office building. But instead of heading to Slimmers, we were enticed to try out a competitor, Fitness First.

The first thing I noticed was the festive atmosphere. I was informed by Aedner that they're celebrating their anniversary. A lotta people walking around. Some were hanging out at a nearby cafe and drinking the free iced tea or fruit juices.

A representative interviewed us first and then we were guided to the locker rooms. I noticed that they have a huge locker room. Inside, there are cubicles for shower, sauna and steam room, and stations where you could dry your hair. Perfect!

Changed into my sweat clothes and tried out the treadmill right away. At Slimmers, you're only allowed 30 minoots because somebody else will use the machine. Here at FF, you can jog/walk all you want!

Afterwards, I checked out the machines. I was a bit intimidated because some machines look alien to me. I miss the ordinary ones at Slimmers. I tried the abdominal crunch and it hurts when you bend down. The shoulder pads weren't too comfy. Enjoyed listening to BEP's "Pump It" while trying the rowing machine.

Went upstairs and investigated further. I found an area where dance workout was being held and another space where people in stationary bikes were sweating it out. The old-looking machines were placed on the second floor too.

The water cooler sucks at FF. The water pressure wasn't strong enuff for a decent drink. WTF!

Looked at the clock and 'twas already past 8 so I went home already. Evaluated my trial workout and thought that I would be sticking it with Slimmers World ;oP

1 Comments:

Blogger boykilay said...

I also have a Slimmers World membership. I used to work out at Pasay Road, kapag mag work out ka dun sabay ako sa iyo. :)

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home