\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Till I Met You, the Soundtrack

An iMusic's initial offering... The album packaging looks good with photos taken from the movie and lyrics sheet. The CD cover itself was nicely designed and glossy. As for the music:

1) 'Til I Met You - when Regine revives a song, she makes sure that it's gonna be BETTER than the original. This version is given the Songbird trademark. In the first 1/3, her voice was soft. In the second 1/3, the pitch picked up a notch, and the last 1/3 was not for the weak heart. It seems that she wants to tell the world that she and only she can deliver this song ;oP

2) Alipin - with Robin Padilla. Just like in their first movie together, Robin was coaxed to sing for the soundtrack. Good thing he can carry a tune. I wanna do a movie with Reg so I can sing with her too. Anyone who sings with the Songbird sounds damn good ;oP

3) Fallin' - a Janno Gibbs original. You know I love you, Reg, but this time, I like the original more.

4) 'Di Na Nag-iisa - my initial reaction was, "Why do they have to include this song in the album?" It's been used already for the GMA telefantasya, "Darna". But as I listen to it, it was given a different arrangement. I like what Reg did to the humming part. It contains both "Till I Met You" and the original "Di Na Nag-iisa". I really, really, really like this stripped-down version

5) Mangarap Lang - when Dennis Trillo sang this live in SOP, I wasn't impressed. When I listened to the album version, he sounds more confident here

6) Don't Go - an instant favorite. Unforch, I wasn't able to hear the original version of Viktoria. A relaxin' Velasquez can be heard here. *** Belting not included

7) Sana Ay Malaman Mo - Louie Ocampo + Alcasid = a haunting ballad from our Songbird

8) Pangarap Ko'y Ikaw - during the launch of "Covers 2", Regine mentioned that this song was originally meant for a guy. Sadly, this song was never given the right promotion. This time, two guys sang it: Jay Durias of SouthBorder and Paolo Banaga of K24/7. This is one of my favorite tracks

9) Alipin - just otay

10) One Day I'll Fly Away - fans know that this is one of Reg's favorite songs. She wanted to do a "Moulin Rouge" type of movie before

11) Wherever I Go - the weakest track for me. One word: Forgettable

12) Ako Si Superman - a Rey Valera original. The husky voice of Janno Gibbs is perfect for this song. Of course, he had to do his James Ingram vocal affectations. Typical Janno. I like this track

13) Sa Wakas - a heartfelt song. Reminds me of "Linlangin Mo"

14) 'Di Na Nag-iisa - this original "Darna" version. I'm imagining Angel Locsin now in her costume. *drools*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home