\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, November 16, 2006

My Elite Nokia Experience

After I got back from the States last 1999, I heard about the latest craze... cellphones. Everyone was sending text messages. Now, the last time I owned one was back in the early 90s when Motorola MicroTac was still the IN thing. Those things look prehistoric now!!! I was so excited to get my very first Nokia model, 6150. I can clearly remember it was 13,500 bucks in Greenhills. I got a dark blue one while my evil twin sister (Joyish) got the maroon.

Years has passed and I got myself better and smaller models: 8890, 6260, N90, and now N93. Because of this, I instantly became an Elite Nokia member. A few days ago, I received an e-mail inviting me to a training on its features. For sometime now, I've been playing with my phone. I know how to use it as a modem, how to customize my own ringtones, and how to shoot nice pictures & videos.


When I arrived at the Glass wing of the Ayala Museum, I was surprised to see only a couple of people working on their phones. I was already late so I was expecting a lotta people there. I saw a few Nokia ads. There was also a flat TV, a small projector, and a portable printer. Tables were setup too. Free dinner, I assumed. Sweet!!!

I surrendered my invitation to the lady at the registration. I was introduced right away to our trainer, Myke. He asked if we have questions. Aside from me, I met a doctor named Hanz and a pretty lady named Tin. We're all owners of N93 so that was cool.

Myke explained how to setup our e-mail. I haven't done this before so I listened carefully. When he got to the part where he's downloading his e-mails, I told him about my experience with Globe. My bill shot up when I tried to use my phone to connect to the internet. Tin informed me that she uses Smart because they only charge 10 bucks every 30 minoots. Globe sucks in this department BIG time!!!

I heard about this thing called accelerator. When you experience slowness every time you send your messages, it doesn't mean there's sumpthin wrong with your phone. All you need to do is to install this accelerator. Myke installed it for me. My problem was fixed!

He also talked about Lifeblog. I've been a blogger now for more than a year so when he talked about this application, I was all ears. With Lifeblog, you can retrieve messages, graphics, and vids you sent and/or even deleted. Sweet!

Myke demonstrated how I could watch my recorded videos on teevee. Since I didn't have a vid to present, I quickly made one. 'twas amazing.

Before we had our dinner, I tried printing a photo from my phone. I asked Myke the cost of the HP printer--7 to 8K. Not bad. The only drawback is that, you cannot print images that were taken from a digital cam.


Dinner was composed of guava scallop sinigang (highly recommended), soy calamansi marinated beef ribeye (very filling), and for dessert, creme brulee trio, mango sticky rice, and brazo de lemon. My favorite dessert was the creme brulee. It looks like chocolate but it has siling labuyo, ginger, and basil. The consistency was thick. When you eat it, you'll be tasting sweetness and the spicyness afterwards. A must-try!!!

We were joined by Rhomel Marcojos (Head of Product Marketing), another guy, and the nice lady at the registration. I asked if they offer training that involves photography. Myke told me he attended a similar one before but they don't offer it yet. I told 'em about my experience with Nokia service center in Glorietta. They also wondered why I often take pictures. Told 'em about my blog and that I would post an article about this event.

I asked for brochures so I could advertise Nokia to my officemates and friends. I remember Aedner was thinking of getting an N80 or N73. Well, if you know someone planning to buy a Nokia phone this Christmas, tell him/her to approach me. You're actually gonna get a free Airborne WIFI access for 6 months and free car charger. What a freakin' deal!!!

Before we called it a night, we were informed that we could order some more food since many people didn't show up and food has already been paid for. I got myself some adobo foie gras ;oP

I had a quick chat with Tin and Hanz before I went home.

Now, the next time you receive an invitation from Nokia, don't ever miss it. You'll learn sumpthin, you'll get sumpthin, and good food comes with it ;oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home