\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Shove Me the Money

The fact that I couldn't move anymore without crying was a sure sign that I needed to go to the hospital. Since mom was on her way to work, she accompanied me first. Our neighbor, Allen, wasn't doing anything so I coaxed him to join us. I tried to ride on a tricycle but I couldn't bend so I walked with Allen to the jeep station.

En route to Lagro (where we planned to hail a cab), my back was in pain everytime the jeep hit a pothole.

It's my first visit to FEU hospital. Before getting off the cab, I requested Allen to ask the people there if they accept credit cards. I only have 100 dollars in my money case and my gold credit card.

When Allen gave me a thumbs up, I was wheeled in right away to the emergency room. An intern with his clipboard appeared at my side and interviewed me. Told him about my back history and that I'm undergoing anti-rabies treatment.

After waiting for sometime, I was advised to have an x-ray. They will not give it to me until I pay so I was wheeled to the cashier. Hmmm, this is what I don't like about hospitals. You need to have money first before they do sumpthin for you. Freakin' bad.

Outstanding Balance: 775 (x-ray)

After payment, I was aided to the x-ray table. A technician asked if I have zipper on my shorts, I said yes. He told me to remove it. Since I was on Commando, he covered it with a hospital gown ;oP

I was brought back to the ER again. I was given a small cup for my urinalysis. After relieving myself, I told Allen to give it to the lab.

Oustanding Balance: 775 (x-ray)
+ 120 (urinalysis)
------------
895

I was informed that I'll get my results around 2 pm. Since we haven't had lunch yet, I requested Allen to buy us some lunch. Mom paid for it. I got myself some chix noodles and siopao.

Instead of waiting on a wheelchair--where I get muscle spasms every now and then--I requested a bed.

It was already 3 pm and still no sign of my urinalysis results. My doctor, Dr. Desiderio, informed me that my spinal cord was interestingly straight due to the muscle spasms. There wasn't wrong in there. Thank God.

After a few minoots, my results were brought in but my doctor was nowhere in sight. He appeared after more than an hour.

He gave me a list of meds to buy. He also advised me to have an ultrasound ( I might have gall stones). I thought only preggy women have that?

Outstanding Balance: 895
+ 1,186.50 (meds)
-----------------
2,081.50

Last step was to pay for the ER fee and look for my doctor again to have my med certificate signed.

Outstanding Balance: 2,081.50
+ 550 (ER fee)
20 (med cert fee)
--------------
TOTAL: 2,651.50

Around 5, I was able to take my medicine and felt a bit better. Allen and I found a jeep that would take mom to SM North while we boarded an FX to SM Fairview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home