\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, November 20, 2006

Still

I have such a high tolerance for pain. Yep. That all changed today.

After cleaning out my closet, I felt something is wrong with my lower back. I quickly sat down but an excruciating back pain made me lay down helplessly.

I have a history of muscle tear and when it strikes, I'm totally paralyzed. The last time I felt this was when I played frisbee with friends. Bok, the hubby of Sym, threw the frisbee at me at a long range. I quickly bent down and felt pain shot on my lower back. I told my friends I couldn't move. It was so painful that I had to be carried at the nearest hospital. Cathy and Pasaway stayed with me through the night.

Now, I feel that the pain is even stronger. Every time I try to move, I cringe in pain. It's sooo unbearable. I tried to stand up to go to the bathroom but I can only move an inch at a time. I was already crying and sweaty. I shouted, "dddddyyyy!". My dog, bravo, appeared and was whimpering beside me. After a few minutes, Dad came to my aid and asked what's going on. I told him that I'm having severe back pains. He immediately rushed upstairs to get Mom.

They helped me reach the bathroom. After relieving myself, they carried me (one on each arm) to the bed. Dad put some plaster on my back while Mom was in charge of wiping my sweat off with a towel. I asked Dad to buy me painkillers. Instead, he got me some medicine for UTI. Mom thought I need to cut down on soda and salty food.

It's really a scary feeling that there are things you cannot do anymore when you're paralyzed. It takes me 20 minutes to stand up because it's very painful. I couldn't even reach stuff only a few inches from me. There's also a time when I had to pee inside a CheezWhiz jar because I couldn't walk to the bathroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home