\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, December 24, 2006

D-Day Part Two

My tummy began making sounds. I tried farting but nuthin comes out. That made my tummy ached. I couldn't sleep at all. I pressed this button so a nurse could check me out. I told her about my situation. She said that I should keep on tryin'. I was worried that it could worsen my butt situation. I hate to bleed again. She said it's okay.

12 midnight... 1 o'clock... 2 o'clock... and I still couldn't sleep 'cause of this damn gas! I pressed the call button again. This time, the nurse who checked me out finally asked for a med that could trigger my gas passing. Around 3, I tried to fart. Got a pretty small one. Yay!!! Later I tried again. Got a longer one now. Unforch, I still couldn't get a shuteye.

Around 6, I thought I got some sleep. An hour later, I woke up. I called a nurse so she could check my BP. I was given a series of BP checks for 15 minutes. The docs were worried that I've got a high one--150/100. I was hoping it was connected with the pain. My average was in the range of 140/90 to 150/100.


Tried sleeping again. Around 9, I had my first real brekky. Longganisa with rice, papaya for dessert, bread and coffee. Finally!!! Savored each food.

My second sitz bath was given around 10:30. The nurse gave me this rubber ring to sit on. That way, I don't get to burn my babies down there.

Doc Wenceslao came into my room. He told me to monitor my BP for a month. He wouldn't advise me to take meds yet for my high BP. I should stay away from salty and oily foods.


My lunch came at noon. Meatballs with java rice, pancit canton, and some meat soup. I noticed that all three got some carrots in it. For dessert, I got a mango. I remember my doc telling me that aside from having high BP, I'm also acidic so I need to stay away from fruit juices. Not sure if a mango will make my tummy ache so I didn't touch it.

A few minoots later, Doc Panlilio visited me and instructed me that I must have the sitz bath twice a day (morning and evening). That I will know the feeling of having menstruation because of my open wound. I should get some sanitary napkins for my bleeding which can last for two weeks. That sucks!

Later on, Kuya, Lance and Mom arrived. I was really happy to see 'em.

Got my last antibiotics around 2. Checkout time was at three. Took a nice shower and changed. Kuya did the settling of the bills for me. Actually, EA shouldered it 'cause I was an in-patient. Ning also gave me a Philhealth form for my doctor to sign. Had to wait a coupla hours before I was discharged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home