\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, December 23, 2006

D-Day

Woke up at 5:30. I told my nurse that I needed to do Number 2. She brought the IV in. And thank God, the med I took worked on my bowels. Then I went back to bed and waited. My 7 o'clock operation didn't happen. But around 8:30, a nurse helped me changed. Y'know the familiar gown where the butt is exposed ;oP I laid on this gurney and was wheeled in to a room adjacent to the OR. It must be the recovery room. I saw 2 to 3 patients in dreamland. Then after a few minoots of waiting, I was sent to the OR.

While waiting for my operation, I checked out my surroundings. An iPod connected to a boombox was blasting some country music. The artist sounded like Taylor Hicks. Near my head was this monitor where I could see my lifeline. I saw a whiteboard announcing that Dr. Panlilio is gonna operate. An anesthesiologist would be present too. And this thing bothered me. They said before my operation that the OR is sterile. That's the reason why I had to take away my earring. Buuuuttttt, I saw a nurse brandishing out his cellphone and started texting! WTF!

I was requested to do a fetal position. An oxygen tube was inserted in my nose. Then I felt somebody putting some alcohol (?) on my lower back. Had no idea why. Then I felt fingers touching the base of my spine. Like, looking for a specific spot. Then I felt this needle being inserted. Learned later from Nikks that it was the anesthesia. And any wrong move, I could be paralyzed for life.

I was then informed to turnover. My cute little butt was now super exposed to the whole world ;oP I heard people talking. And after a few minoots, they said that it's all over. Now that was quick. Then blackout.

When I opened my eyes around 12, I saw that I was back in the recovery room. A guy with an eye patch was sleeping to my left. After waiting for some minoots, they took me back to my room. Every now and then a nurse comes in, checks my BP and puts a thermometer in my left armpit. I feel no ache in my butt. That's good. The pain reliever that was injected was kinda painful at first but I'm glad it was doin' its job.

First visitors of the day were Nikks and Oyo. I was extremely glad to see familiar faces. Around 7, Mang Rudy dropped by too. Later that night, I was accompanied by my sister-in-law, Angela.


My first dinner meal was this clear soup and jelly. I haven't had anythin since my Max's dinner last night so I had no choice but to eat it. The jelly tastes like orange-flavored cough syrup. Ick!

Continuation on the succeeding post ;oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home