\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, December 11, 2006

Telocine


Ordinarily, we hold parties on a Friday. Y'know, so you can drink as much as you can without worrying about the day after. But this time, our Christmas party was moved to a Monday because the big honcho arrived only today. That's otay because he likes to shower us with nice gifts ;oP


People arrived in costumes. There are 6 groups from different movie themes: Bagets, Rizal, Pirates of the Caribbean, Flintstones, Grease, and Shrek (where I belong). I'll post more pictures when I get 'em.


From L to R (clockwise): Mike Wong (2nd Blind Mouse), Bimbo (3rd Blind Mouse), Dennis P (Pinocchio), Maidette (Princess Fiona), Ramil (Shrek), Toffee (Puss n Boots), Aidz (Gingerbread Man), Racquel (Fairy Godmother), Bel (Little Red Riding Hood), Don (Don-key), and Rene (1st Blind Mouse).

Maidette led the prayer and Mims gave a talk afterwards. First activity of the night was a charades game. Three teams competed and the Pirates group won. The Grease team came in second and last was the Flintstones.


Then it was time to eat. We used to host these events. Now, I could enjoy my dinner without worrying about hosting. 'twas such a change. Sweet!!! I had some seafood, cordon bleu, and pork loin with some apple sauce. The lechon was the best! For dessert, I had some choco brownies and butterscotch (recommended). Blue Petals was our caterer for the second time.

The first batch of raffle prizes was given away. I was hoping that I could bring home some good stuff. Unforch, I didn't get anything. Most members of the Customer Support won.

Then gifts were exchanged. I started it by calling my baby, Doody. 'twas Jan So. He requested for a cellphone so I gave him one. Second hand only though.

Group presentation was next. First was the group of Flintstones. They have this tarpaulin designed with the characters with the members' faces superimposed. Plus, they created an MTV with Reel 2 Real's "I Like to Move It". There's a portion where each member would do a dance improv.
Norma brought the house down with her dancing. In the middle of it, she stopped and thought of her next step. That was hilarious!!! This group won the best performance.


Next was our group, Shrek. For 2-3 days, we've practiced our number. People liked Rene's dancing. He channeled Michael Jackson in his solo routine.

I couldn't remember the sequence anymore of the other presentations but the Grease group did a tremendous job with their medley where Jimmy played Olivia Newton John's character while Vee played John Travolta's. Rizal's presentation was the funniest because Rey and Sherwin did the voice over. The Pirates and Bagets group sang some Christmas carols.

Mr. JW gave away some iPods, PSP, headphones, and digicams. The luckiest of the night was Joy. She got an iPod from her daddy, J Church. Plus, she won the teevee grand prize.

I was feeling bad because it took quite a long while before I found out who my daddy was. I received a webcam though from Randy. Super!


Dancing came later. For the first time, I was dancing sober. Nikks, Ning, Beng, and K were my dancing partners. It's fun to watch Mike Wong getting a private lesson with Earl. Aedner and Oni battled it out with a pretty lady. Ogz and his posses had so much fun hackling 'em. Ning was lifted in the air by Butch. Imagine Vilma in her show before.

Around 3, I paid for the caterer. I was in charge of food, this time. I also suggested to my friends that we eat sumpthin, like noodles. JW gave us some moulah to spend on brekky. We planned to eat at North Park but it was already closed. At 7-Eleven, some people bought ice cream and noodles. We ate them back in the office.

Before calling it a day, Aedner and Max had a very interesting discussion on Buddhism and Christianity. Slept around 5 am.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

more photos!!!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home