\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Back to TV Land

*** contains spoilers

If you haven't seen yet the episode that Tom Welling himself directed, I suggested you spare some 40 minoots of your time. I like the way he presented a pair of characters in a dramatic moment: Chloe with Clark, Lana with Lex and Clark with Lana. It was a big pat on the back for Smallville. Also, watch out for the kiss ;oP

As for the Justice League episode, it was about time they showed that the world doesn't only have ONE superhero. I like the team working together. I'm just wondering why the need for explosives when Clark can easily blow things up?

In "My Name is Earl", I don't really like the "Cops" tribute. I must say, it was fun to see a familiar face though. Watch out for the actor from Prison Break.

I must give props to the writers for coming up with such an excellent episode where they presented the four main characters' views: My Name is Earl, Randy, Crabman, and Joy. Actually, there's a surprise at the end. I really like this episode. It reminds me of "Lost" where they showed the importance of each character by filming them separately.

The new chapter of "Heroes" got me really excited. In the previous episode, they showed Sylar controlling the mind of Eden. There was a shower of broken glass. I thought he would escape finally. The question is, how did Sylar get caught again?

I like how Claire Bennett rekindled her friendship with Zach. They repeated the jumping off scene which is cool with me.

My favorite scene is when Nate was talking to Hiro. The "villain" moment reminded me of the "hamburger" scene in the Pink Panther. Super funny.

Fish is back. Unforch, he took a backseat in the latest episode. Lync was freakin' mad as hell with Steadman. I'm now rooting for Bellick and his misadventures. I'm happy that Alex Mahone is still alive. We need somebody like him in the show.

I'm finally updated with "Sleeper Cell". While watching the last episode, I thought of Jack Bauer. I think I like Darwyn Al-Sayeed character more. He's my ultimate hero. I like that they show the human side of these undercover (UC) agents. Not just i'm-gonna-save-the-world crap.

In this second season, there was a shocking revelation with one of the Holy Warriors. Ilija is still my favorite character (mainly because he is a fellow videoke fanatic). The "I Left My Wallet in El Segondo" scene in Season 1 was a classic.

After Farik's brutal torture scene, I wonder why it only caused a limp.

There's still a lotta action and nudity (can't complain really). But I miss the old members: Tommy and Christian. They didn't develop Benito's character much. Farik and his daughter's horsebackriding scene was pretty nice. Marcus is THE cutest! I will miss Gayle *sniff* *sniff* And the last 20 minoots of the season ender is an edge-of-your-seat experience! Fuckin' awesome, man!!!

In "24", I noticed a few familiar faces: the stuttering lawyer in "Ally McBeal" (Peter MacNicol), Claire's foot fetish boyfriend in "Six Feet Under" (Eric Balfour), and the funny guy in "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle" (Kal Penn). Chloe O'Brien looks good. David Palmer is the ONLY president for me. No one could ever replace him in the show. Not even his lousy brother. As for Jack Bauer, I guess the Chinese government doesn't like to hurt someone on the face. Jack's body was covered in scars. Maybe he requested for it. "Anywhere but here" (pointing to his handsome face) ;oP

After watching the latest episode, I again noticed that the wife (Rena Sofer) of Jack's brother also plays the wife of Nathan Petrelli in "Heroes". That's gotta be sumpthin... she's in two hit shows!


Lastly, a big SHOUTOUT to my buddies, Allen, Jojo and Dax. Thank you for bringing back these shows ;oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home