\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, February 26, 2007

L-1 VISA Approved

I was scheduled to appear at the US Embassy at 7 am. Instead of leaving Bulacan on Monday morning, I decided to leave on a Sunday night and spend the night at our office in Makati. 'twas raining badly when I left. I hope that was a good sign.

Woke up at 3:30. Prepared my brekky (noodles & Spanish bread). Called a cab to pick me up in an hour. Reached the embassy at 5 pm. I was surprised that the entrance didn't have that many peeps. Turned out that the peeps at the entrance were scheduled at 6:30. I was informed to wait at a nearby shed.

6:30 came and we were told to go inside. There were three lines: one for immigrant, one for non-immigrant, and another one for seafarers. I also noticed a sticker telling everyone that beginning March 1, they won't allow cellphones to be brought inside the embassy. I deposited my cellphone.

First stop was the Pavilion. I stood in line and presented my application papers including my passport. The lady asked for a photocopy of my Notice of Action. I told myself not to panic while I search for it ;oP I was given a number, 2008, and told to sit down for awhile.

A lady announced that the applicants will go through the finger scanning process next. The numbers will be called randomly. At quarter to 8, I heard my number.

At Window B, I stated my full name and birthday. I scanned my left and right index fingers.

I proceeded to the interview room. It's been 2 years since I last visited this room. It hasn't changed a bit except for an electronic panel flashing the numbers and windows to go to for the actual interview. 'twas a pretty quiet room. I think everyone was praying too (including me).

When I saw 2007 at Window 3, I thought I would be next. And I was right. The lady greeted me first and I greeted her back. She mentioned "Andersen" and I told her that I once worked there on a project basis. She asked me about what I will do in the US. She asked me to explain about our products. Since I was in my element, I happily explained to her what our products can do.

The interview lasted 15 minoots or so. She didn't ask for any documents. She handed me the yellow slip. Thank God I passed!

Next stop was the VISA delivery area (back to the Pavilion). You can easily feel that the atmosphere here is more relaxed. Peeps are now talking to one another and there are smiles on their faces. The agony is over.

Paid 135 bucks for Delbros to deliver my L-1 VISA in 1 to 3 days. Before leaving the embassy, I claimed my cellphone and hailed a cab.

On my way back to the office, the cab lost its brake. Good thing, we weren't speeding at all. Whew!

2 Comments:

Blogger tabel said...

wow! congrats!!! finally dumating din yan.

10:02 AM  
Blogger knottydon said...

thank you po... nabinge ata si Lord kasi ilang beses ko sya tinawag kahapon ;oP

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home