\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Stressful Day & Relaxing Evening

I was informed to go to A1 Driving School in Boni before 8 am. Since I don't wanna be late, I woke up at 4 (with barely 2 hours of shuteye). Bummer! Reached Boni at 6:30. Good thing, there's Jollibee where I could have my brekky. Finished my meal and proceeded to A1.

I met the A1 representative named Vladimir. He told me that we would leave at 8 to go to the LTO licensing center. In the meantime, I had to read a test reviewer (with correct answers already
encircled for us). He also reminded me that I only need 30 correct answers to pass.

Applicants started to come in.
Instead of socializing, I focused on the reviewer because I so badly needed a license to drive in the US. I already lost my old license in Illinois. I read every test questions and tried to absorb the correct answers. Some answer choices are absurd.

Around 8, Vladimir accompanied us to the LTO. I came with 4 other lady applicants. First thing was the drug test. I was discouraged to pee earlier because in the test, I had to surrender my pee. Paid 250. Waited for our medical exam.

Around 9, I heard an old lady calling my name. Went inside a small room. An old lady asked me about my height. She also told me to weigh and do a simple eye exam. I've got astigmatism so I found it hard to read the last batch of letters. Not sure if she would require me to wear glasses while driving.

Another waiting period. To pass the time, I socialized with a fellow applicant named Maricel. When I checked her reviewer, I almost panicked. I didn't know that the reviewer is 100 items. I missed a few pages. Crap! I reviewed the remaining items.

Next step was to have our picture taken. I've seen a lotta driver's licenses and some photos are badly taken. Either the person looked hungry or tired or even sick. I wanna make sure that I look good in my driver's license.

Before we took our exam, Vladimir gave us a quick run through on what could possibly be included in the exam. He advised us if we don't know the answer, we could leave it blank. They could do sumpthin about it *wink* *wink*. Also, there shouldn't be any erasures or double answers.

When I got my questionnaire, I prayed for some wisdom. There are posters on the wall that you can use as guides. Vladimir wasn't kidding when he said that the exam is easy. I wanted to perfect the exam but I encountered some questions not included in the reviewer. Hmmm... should I leave it blank? Nah, I proceeded to the other questions first and went back to them later. I wouldn't forgive myself if I rely on other peeps to pass this exam.

After a quick review of my answers, I waited for Maricel to finish. I even helped her in two questions. I also wanted to pee so I submitted my test sheet.

We waited for Vladimir to give us the results. All I need is 30 correct answers and I'm gonna celebrate. He appeared and gave us our scores. He said, "Balan, Salvador... 38". Huwaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!! Thank you, Lord, again.

Later in the evening, I went shopping. Found a nice cap from Reef. Am not new to this brand anymore because I got a pair of Reef slippers for my 33rd birthday.

I still have 5 massage treatments at Suriya so I visited them again and availed a deep tissue massage + back massage + reflexology = 3 hours of pure relaxation. I must've fallen asleep too because I heard myself snoring. Teehee....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home