\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Suman sa Mangga without Cheese

My friends (Nikks, Kendz, Joyish, Bulilit, Rene, Ogz, Razul, Aedner) and I had our afternoon break at TsokoNut, a small resto famous for their homemade chocolate drink. I used to eat here when I was still renting a unit at Cityland. They have a branch at WalterMart so it was convenient for me to have dinner there whenever I don't feel like cookin'.

Anyhoo, I checked out their menu and ordered bibingka. Unforch, the lady at the counter informed me that they don't have bibingka. Crap! What to order then? I let my friends ordered first while I was still deciding on what to get. After a few minoots, the counterlady told me that they could create me one but I have to wait for 15 to 20 minoots. That is fine with me. Aedner and I shared the bibingka and I got myself some hot choco drink and their own version of Churros. By the way, they call it "panyolito".

While waiting for my order, Nikks told me to get her "suman sa mangga". I approached one of the waitresses and ordered the food. When I got back to our table, Nikks informed me that she didn't want the "cheese". So I went back to the waitress and specifically instructed her not to put any "cheese" on the suman.

After a few minoots, the waitress (with a big smile on her face) informed me that they don't put cheese on their suman. I shouted at Nikks, "They don't actually put cheese on their suman". And my friends broke out in laughter. Nikks didn't want "drinks" with the meal. Not cheese =oP Well, I don't really eat suman so I didn't know that ;oP

Butch Cui joined us later. I asked him about his trip to Dubai. He told me that his hotel room costs a lot (about 300 US dollars). He's seen the infamous 7-star hotel shaped like a sailboat (Burj Al Arab Hotel). He didn't visit it because it would cost him 50 bucks just to get in. There were a lotta nice sports cars there. Too bad he didn't bring any digicam with him.

When "my food" arrived, my friends wondered why I took Nikks' food. I didn't know that I was supposed to order for her another bibingka. My friends were all surprised. And then I looked at the food in front of me. 'twas not a bibingka at all. It's the suman sa mangga! This ensued MORE laughter. Oh my god! FUCK the suman!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home