\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Night with Friends

The fun never stops on Valentine's day. Last night, Joyish suggested that we continue the celebration by having dinner. Nikks helped by inviting everyone in a yahoo conference so we can decide on where to eat. I suggested that maybe we could rent a hotel room for the night. A good dinner would be nice too to complement the red wine that some peeps brought ;oP

We found our place at National Sports Grill in GB3. One of our officemates named Joe has a friend named Rose who works there. She gave us a 10% discount too. Sweet!!!!

Eight, my sole participant, and I have been planning to drink since last week. Since I wasn't going home yet, I decided to have a drink or two with him before joining my friends at NSG. He knows this place that serves cheap beer and a delish sisig. I can't say No to alcohol especially after recovering from a 3-month hiatus. You don't know how hard it was for me ;oP

Carafe bar, an open bar/resto, is located near Makati Med. When we got there, it was already 90% full. People were already drinking and eating. A local band was singing some cheesy love songs.

We ordered a bucket of San Mig Light and sisig. It arrived a few minoots shortly. Ahhh, I miss drinking ;oP

After our second bottle, I informed Ogz that we're testing the place that we planned to go to on Friday. I invited him so that we could go to NSG together. After some minoots, he arrived with Aedner. They got lost along the way. My it's-near-Makati-Med-and-Mercury-Drug direction wasn't enuff. Near-the-back-of-Burgundy-Tower clue did the trick. They finished our bucket for us.

I noticed that Aedner likes to peel the label off of his beer bottle. I asked him why he does this. His explanation made sense--he wants to see right away which bottle he's drinking from in a table filled with bottles. He asked me if I knew what's written on the label. Told him no. He stated, "You hold in your hand the first light beer in the country and the only light beer you should have, expertly brewed by San Miguel with full beer flavor and the right alcohol hit. Made less filling for your total drinking enjoyment. The perfect balance between light and right". Yep, he memorized it.

Eight settled the bill. The second part of his treat will happen tomorrow ;oP (Super thanks, buddy!!!)
Around 9, we (minus Eight) joined our friends (Joyish, Kendz, Nikks and Bulilit) at NSG. We ordered pizza, salad, wings and beer. Our waitress named Jasmine was a beauty. Our pizza was cooked late so she offered to give us free dessert. Since I was using my HSBC credit card to pay for everything, we got another dessert for free. Yum-O!
'twas already past 10 when we left NSG. Kendz had to leave early too for the last MRT ride home. Since we're still full, we did some walking. When Aedner and I reached "Vodka Ice Bar", we got tempted to dance. The rest agreed. So we (Aedner, Nikks and I) danced for an hour. The doorman and the lady who's stationed at the restroom area didn't recognize me at first. It dawned on them that I don't have my dreadlocks anymore. They asked me why I had it cut. "For a change", was my answer. Anyhoo, it will still grow.

Since it was already late, I hailed a cab. Dropped off Bulilit at Crossing (he gave me 50 bucks) and I paid the driver 160+70 bucks when I reached Philcoa. I waited for a jeep that would take me home. Good thing, I found one around midnight. Thank God! Reached home around 1 am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home