\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, March 12, 2007

A Day of Shoppin'

Woke up at 7 am today. Well, technically, it's not really 7 am anymore because of this Daylight Saving Time. It officially started at 2 am today. We need to advance our clocks by an hour. This would make our day "longer".

After the 12 o'clock mass at St. Therese, the gang (including Marsha) had a late lunch at IHOP. This is one of those things you gotta try when you're in the US. Love their pancakes. I ordered their Breakfast Sampler: 2 pancakes, 2 bacon strips, 2 eggs (had 'em scrambled), 2 ham, 2 sausages, and hash brown. Got some apple juice too. Marsha doesn't eat meat so she gave me her bacon, which I shared with Alwyn ;oP There are 5 kinds of syrup for our pancakes: maple, strawberry, blueberry, butter pecan and boysenberry. Alwyn joked that the last one tastes like paint.

When I excused myself to the restroom, I found an automatic tissue dispenser. When you wave your hand near the sensor, it sticks out a new tissue like paper coming out of a fax machine. How cool is that!



We, Pinoys, love picture taking. Of course, we need souvenirs ;oP

Then we headed to my favorite place in the whole wide world: Marshalls. Oh my gawd! I just couldn't contain myself when I walked in the store! I felt at home ;oP I quickly went to the Men's section. I got myself a nice Lucky Brand polo and two underwear. I found a nice American Eagle shirt but I thought I saw it being worn by Ogz or Boyette so I didn't get it anymore.

Next stop was Dulles Town Center. The reason why I like this place is that it carries one of my favorite brands, Abercrombie & Fitch. We got there around 5:10. The gang decided to re-group in an hour. Since I only have an hour to shop, I rushed towards A&F. Found this nice shirt worth 20 bucks.

Continued my shopping at Spencer Gifts. Found this fedora hat with 3 Rasta-colored bands. I told the guy at the counter not to put it in a paper bag anymore 'cause I'm gonna wear it. I really x100 love it.

Went inside a shop called Pacific Sunwear. Saw one of the salespersons wearing a nice shirt so I asked him where he bought it. He told me that they sell the shirt and he guided me where I could get it ;oP The item is already on sale and they added another 50% discount. What a great find!

Gap was next. Prison Break star, Wentworth Miller, is one of the models and he's got a huge poster inside the shop. While shopping, a Mexican saleslady asked me where I got my shirt 'cause it's nice. I told her that it's from Manila. Another saleslady approached me and told me that she likes my hat. I told her I just bought it. Then the first lady asked if I designed my own pants. Told her that I got it from Singapore in a European shop called Topshop. They commented that I must be a traveler. I told them that my work takes me sometimes to different places. They thought I was smart. Told them just a little ;oP Anyhoo, I bought 2 shirts.

There's a Wrestlemania promo goin' on and my immediate thought, if OJ was here, he'd love this. I found a handprint of Andre the Giant and it was freakin' HUUUUUGE! There was a lotta merchandise being sold too.

Last stop was American Eagle. Found a nice plaid shorts and a very nice but cheap shirt.

Ahhh, the joy of shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home