\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Dinner with Faye's Relatives

Faye joined me in the kitchen while I was having my morning cornflakes. She spent the night at our pad. We (along with Alwyn and Richie) had dinner, a few beers and sang our hearts out last night. Faye occupied Richie's room. Richie slept on the couch ;oP

Faye wanted to know what's for brekky so I gave her some cornflakes (minus the milk 'cause she doesn't like it). I also prepared some pancakes. While cooking the first one, I noticed that the pancake was sticking on the bottom of the pan. Meaning, I put the batter prematurely. I poured some more butter to rectify the situation. When Faye sensed that I was having a problem with my first pancake, she requested that she'd continue my cooking. She also told me to get out of the kitchen.

Some minoots later, Richie and Alwyn woke up and joined us for brekky. We also shared the Kahlua brownie that we bought at Famous Dave's yesterday.

Around 10:30, we dropped Faye off her hotel. We'll meet her again later to go to her aunt's house sumwhere past Tyson's Corner.

For lunch, I cooked sinigang na hipon. We had no kangkong so I used spinach and some leafy veggy that looks like pechay. I had to put 3 small sachets of sinigang mix 'cause I couldn't find the right sour taste.

Around 3, we got a call from Faye's aunt named Aida. She's already downstairs. Since Alwyn hasn't prepared yet, Richie and I, along with Tita Aida and her friend, JV, went first to meet Faye at her hotel. We'll pick Alwyn up in a little while.

Since we didn't have enuff gas to go to Tyson's Corner, we filled up our gas tank first. Alwyn saw some nice subjects to take photos of. Of course, I joined him.


Along the way, we saw a Hummer. Saw one of these in the show, Entourage. What a nice ride! I requested Alwyn to take photos because these things are sumpthings we won't be seeing back in Manila.

When we reached our destination, the first thing that we noticed was her aunt lives in a beautiful townhouse in a quiet neighborhood. And it was hard to park because all the slots were already reserved.

We finally met the other relatives of Faye. It's fun to hear them because they sometimes speak in Kapampangan dialect.

We were given plates so we could start dinner. I had some rice (of course!), kare-kare (I sooo miss bagoong!), lumpia and some lemon grass soup that tastes like Tom Yam soup. I was so full afterwards that I couldn't eat anymore the cassava cake. I was given a glass of red wine later on. Perfect!
Lots of stories shared with one another. Pictures were taken too. They also invited us for another party on the 31st. Hopefully, Boy and the other guys could join us too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kapampangan is not a dialect!

8:43 PM  
Blogger knottydon said...

oh-tay... what is the dialect that people in the Pampanga speak?

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home