\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Volunteer

When Richie requested that we have a quick lunch, we thought of trying out the cafeteria on the ground floor. I got myself some Caesar Salad Wrap. I asked the guy preparing my food if he's gonna put bacon in it. He misinterpreted my question. He told me that he'll put bacon in my wrap only if I wanted to. Of course, I want bacon!

Anyhoo, eating outdoors was a different experience. We saw some kids playing nearby. We saw some vultures (according to Alwyn). It wasn't cold even. We're not in a confined space for a change. I like it ;oP

While walking around the office, I saw a poster of a missing dog. My heart melted. His name is William. He's been gone since Saturday. He got loose from his foster house and peeps have been looking for him since then. According to my officemate named Brenda, he's a shy dog and he limps a bit. She's afraid that he's so hungry and scared by now. Then she talked about this organization called Friends of Homeless Animals (FOHA) where she is one of the volunteers who takes care of cats and dogs. She walks 'em, feed 'em, and play with 'em. Sumpthin in my head clicks. This is the closest thing I'll ever get in owning a dog in the US. I get to play with different breeds too! I checked out their website, www.foha.org, and saw some adorable canine friends. My favorite is Molly Brown. She reminds me of me when I get my photo taken ;oP

2 Comments:

Blogger itsme_apaul said...

i think molly brown is definetly personality match for u donish... my favorites are ramsey and titus im inlove!!!!!! i cant have no more ..its very rewarding to volunteer... they will go u unconditional love at the shelter, u will never feel lonely!!! i advice u to do it for u free time :) ... u should have been here when i had 9 foster pups llol..

10:04 AM  
Blogger knottydon said...

magkamukha si Titus at Ramsey ;oP

kung pwede lang ba akong mag-ampon dito sa States eh... gusto ko may alagang hayop.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home