\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Welcome to Fort Wayne

At 8 o'clock, I was already prepared to leave so I called Linda to pick me up. Bid goodbye to my roommate, Faye. I'll miss our nightly chat.

Got to the airport after 30 minoots or so. When I reached my gate, I saw Dennis reading by himself. We chatted a bit. I found out that he's visited the Philippines years back when there's still a US base in Subic and Marcos was still president. And yep, he's an Aussie. Emily joined us later.
We boarded the plane to Cleveland at 9:40. While taxiing, we saw this huuuuge airplane called A380 Airbus. It's bigger than Boeing 747. It can fly 500++ passengers. I told Dennis that it looks like an airplane in steroids!

Our plane, on the other hand, is pretty small. It can only seat 16 passengers at most. Well, Dennis told me that they normally fly in a much bigger plane. But since not too many peeps fly to Ohio, Continental Airlines decided to use a smaller plane. Small plane = Less fuel. If they reach 4 passengers, they will fly ;oP

Reached Ohio before noon. I was getting hungry. I only had cornflakes for brekky. One more hour to go before I see Fort Wayne.

At 1:30, I finally got to enjoy the warm weather in Fort Wayne. An ole lady was giving away free cookies at the airport. Got one, of course. Emily also informed me that granite is big in in Indiana. I saw quarries on our way to our hotel.
Residence Inn is a perfect place for visitors who want a place they could call home (away from home). The suite is complete with kitchen, a nice living room with fireplace, and a queen-sized bed. Can't wait to try 'em all. There's even cookies and lollies waiting for me! Sweet! It reminds me of my old place in Sterling.
Around 2 pm, I gave Emily a call. I asked if they will have lunch. She told me that she could accompany me. She and Dennis normally skip it. Anyhoo, we found Chick-Fil-A. It's my first time to eat there so I immediately asked her to take me there. Got some burger, fries, nuggets and coke. Mmmmmm...
Speaking of food, the breakfast and dinner at Marriott are for free. Sweet! Around 6, I went to the lobby and got myself nachos for dinner. I've never had nachos for dinner in my life. But since it's free, I cannot complain. While I was eating, Dennis came by and we had a little chat. He also gave me some Michelob beer. Now, who can refuse a free beer! Tomorrow I'm gonna try the Merlot ;oP Later on, Emily joined us and introduced me to Sudoku. Very addicting!
The free dinner closes at 7 so we continued our fun at a local brewery called "Mad Anthony". I've tasted their Black Lager, some Ale, and Irish Stout. Mmmm, I miss drinking with friends. Well, at least, it's a bonding time with Emily and Dennis. Went home around 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home