\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Who's the Cook?

This is my third week in the US. So far, I don't miss the food back home yet because we cook Filipino food at our pad all the time. Alwyn and Richie cook so well that I gained a few pounds since I got here. Now that Rene's on board (notice that I didn't include Noel 'cause he doesn't cook), we have another person in our Chef pool.

We decided that it would be a lot easier if we could also cook our lunch for the following day at the same time we're cooking our dinner. Like tonight, I'm gonna cook my stir-fry beef with oyster sauce while Alwyn is cooking his pork dish. Since we now have 2 pads, the two chefs can cook simultaneously. Pretty neat, eh? That way, we don't have to rush our prep and cooking during our one-hour lunch break. Also, we devised a way that we won't cook the same type of meat/dish consecutively. It's gonna be like, beef -> pork -> chicken -> seafood -> pasta. To make it more fun and exciting, we might have an Experiment Night wherein, someone would cook sumpthin new and nobody's allowed to criticize the dish ;oP Also, whoever cooks the most delicious meal in the week might get a day off (no cooking, no cleaning up, no nuthin).
On Mondays, we have an officemate at work named Steve who invites us for a lunchout. That is why we don't cook during lunchtime on Mondays. Two weeks ago, we went to Famous Dave's. This time, we had Japanese at Tokyo Sushi. I got myself some chicken teriyaki box, composed of chicken teriyaki, a single tempura plus veggies, a scoop of rice, salad, miso soup, 6 California rolls, and some weird looking coleslaw stuffed inside a tomato. The chicken fillets are big and tender but the sauce ain't that good. I enjoy the rolls and the tempura.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home