\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Help!

I haven't been paying much attention to what I eat for the past 2 months. When you see a baby back in the menu or a plateful of crabs or shrimps in front of you, diet would be the farthest thing on your mind. So when I stepped on the scale last night, I was truly horrified. I won't tell you how much I gained but it's enuff to be a wakeup call for me.

So today, I packed my gym stuff and will be heading to the gym again.

I'm waiting for the pool in our apartment to open. I wanna swim regularly from now on.

I will, again, stay away from soda and drink lotsa agua. I might limit my Diet Coke Plus intake to once a week (maybe on a Saturday night only).

In the other apartment, they have a table full of snacks. I promise to stay away from dark choco M&Ms and Oreos. Well, maybe 1 Oreo cookie won't kill me (maybe on a Saturday night too). Can we buy more fruits, guys?

I will try to jog more. The problem is my potassium deficiency. I might get cramps again. Let's buy bananas, guys! ;oP

I'll try to stay away from fastfood.

I don't have Nikki or Tabel's support now so I'm relying on the Ashburn guys to help me. Alwyn has started down the path already. Rene is in a different league when it comes to fitness. I need your help, guys!

7 Comments:

Blogger itsme_apaul said...

try to substitute your soda to green tea,and tons of water, if ur having sweet candy craving eat some fruits, no more fast food for u but if ur in a resto u most of the restos have weight smart menu if not just order sea foods. try to do it gradually though so u wont have heavy cravings...

4:10 AM  
Blogger itsme_apaul said...

substitute also ur cookies cravings with honey and oats granula bar. then there some in the store 100 calories pack of tiny cookie thats taste the same as oreos there small bites of them and only 100 cal...

4:27 AM  
Blogger thenonhacker said...

Play Wii: Have fun, lose the pounds! :D

4:59 AM  
Blogger tabel said...

hehehe balik step 1 ulit sa dieting.. remember donish, in moderation muna para di ka mag-crave ng mag-crave at di rin mag-binge. importante dyan is exercise! grab an exercise buddy dyan para pawisan ka.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drink Green Tea every morning, and keep track of the food you eat.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WEIGHT LOSS TIPS:
1. Don't skip meals.
2. Eat 5 small meals a day - it will increase your metabolism.
3. Stay away from junkfood. Sodium and sugar can cause bloating and weight gain.
4. Limit your intake of highly glycemic index foods such as white rice, white bread and soda. These simple carbs can make you fat.
5. Drink lots of water.
6. Keep track of the your calorie intake. Go to this link - http://www.caloriecontrol.org/calcalcs.html. This will compute for the calories needed to maintain your weight. Now, since you want to lose weught, if your daily calorie needs were calculated as 2500 calories, you could consume 2200 calories and burn 200 calories through activity.
7. Eats lots of protein. The ratio of protein, carbs and fat that you eat should be 30-20-10.
8. Eat atleast two servings of fruits a day.
9. Eat lots of veggies.
10. Exercise daily. If you seriously want to lose weight, cardio exercise is just one of the things you'll need to start doing.

2:54 PM  
Blogger knottydon said...

thanks for the tips, guys! keep 'em coming...

1) I seldom skip meals. Sumasakit ulo ko and I get cranky when i'm hungry ;oP

2) I eat one small bread for brekky; lunch; one small bread before hitting the gym; and then dinner

3) I seldom eat junk food now

4) For 2 days, I haven't tasted soda; I started drinking tea instead of coffee or choco in the morning; I cut down on rice too

5) At least 2 liters, baby!

6) I need help in the calorie counting department

7) I eat lean meat. Does that count? Tonight tilapia kami

8) I eat fruits now. Whaddyaknow?

9) I eat veggies now too; We cooked pinakbet last Sunday; I ate the veggies in the nilaga last night

10) I hit the gym regularly now. Plus, I found my earphone so I can enjoy working out again; I walk on the treadmill (can't jog yet)

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home