\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Paano Kita Iibigin: Soundtrack Review

Thanks to my super friends back home for giving me a copy of the original movie soundtrack (I love you, guys!) and Ruthie for bringing it here to Ashburn, Virginia. Now, let's get down to business.

The album cover is the same as the movie poster. No points on creativity for that. Each song, even the rehashed "Pare Ko", is presented with lyrics (a must for an almost all-original soundtrack) . There are 4 Duets, 4 songs done by Piolo Pascual, and 4 by the Songbird.

Paano Kita Iibigin (Duet) - After "Hanggang Ngayon", I thought Ogie Alcasid couldn't create a duet masterpiece anymore. Unlike the first Ogie-Regine duet, this doesn't have much vocal acrobatics. The counterpoint is the magic ingredient of this song though. Plus, it's pretty easy to memorize.

Lalala - This reminds me of Ariel Rivera's "Photograph". A nice song with a catchy melody. It's that type of a song couples would sing when they're still in the i-love-you-and-can't-get-enuff-of-you stage.

Paano Kita Iibigin (Regine solo) - Minus Piolo, Regine's voice here is soft and controlled. It's nice to listen to the song with your eyes closed.

My World With You - The second duet doesn't have an impact on me. I imagine it being the song played while the credits are rolling. I think the song is meant for those StarStruck alumni.

Manhid - Velasquez delivers a very sensual song. With lines like "mga kamay mo'y naglalakbay kung saan-saan" and "natutunaw ako sa init ng iyong katawan", this could be one of Regine's more mature songs (in the league of "Sa Aking Pag-iisa"). An instant favorite!

With You - When I heard the chorus, I had to open the lyric booklet again to check if it's indeed Piolo singing this song. I have to say, this is the worst track for me. The whole 4 minoots and 21 seconds was a torture!

Muling Magmamahal - Nice blending except on the 4:09th mark (weird).

Tahan - Resurrected from "Wanted: Perfect Mother" soundtrack. Cacai and Regine extended the lyrics. A very nice addition to the roster of Tagalog lullabies.

Angel Eyes - Piolo has definitely improved in the singing department (evident in this song). Thanks to Regine's supervision. It would be interesting to hear Janno Gibbs' or Gary V's take on this song though.

Pare Ko - Regine has revived a lot of E-heads songs in the past. It comes as no surprise that she included another one here. Nice arrangement by Nino Regalado. Some of the words were customized for Regine. Less vulgarity here.

Paano Kita Iibigin (Piolo solo) - Has a "Muntik ng Maabot ang Langit" feel to it in the beginning.

Sana Nga - Easy listening with the acoustic arrangement. A nice ending to the whole album.

I noticed that Regine doesn't have a Diva song here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home