\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thanks for the Three Years, Toshiba!

It's been three years since I last bought a laptop. Well, I bought it from my friend, Mikko, before he left for Singapore. He even gave me a rebate. Sweet!

Now, I'm thinking of getting a new one. Why? Because for one, my CD collection is getting bigger. I can only save one movie in a CD but in a DVD, i can fit in up to 6! A space saver indeed.

Then there's the BIG issue of graphics. I was so freakin' disappointed when I couldn't install Neverwinter Nights 2 on my lappy. A big letdown!

I also want a faster machine... and a nice looking one. I wanna try Vista even though I keep hearing all the negative feedback.

The tandem of Ruthie and Dax (and Noel too) helped me a lot in my decision. At first, I was planning to get the Toshiba Satellite P105 but Dax informed me that it's an old model (released last year). Then Ruthie got a huge discount for her new HP. I tried to check out the specs of HP dv9500. It has the Sta. Rosa chip in it, 17" widescreen (first time to try one), 2 GB RAM, LightScribe DVD (first time to have one too), and the sweetest of them all... 511 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS. So freakin' happy now!!!

Am now selling my old lappy. If you're interested, here's the specs:

Toshiba Satellite M30
1.5 GHz, 1GB RAM
3 USB 2.0 ports
CD writer
InfraRed
Harman/Kardon speakers
S-Video Out
Internal modem
Ethernet LAN 10Base-T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home