\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, July 09, 2007

What I'll Miss Most About My Daddy

1) Dad's cooking. I remember when we were kids, my Dad used to cook at least 3 dishes on Sundays. It's like a feast! Before I left for the States, he always asked me what meals I'd like him to prepare. Sometimes, my officemates benefit too from his excellent cooking 'cause I bring them some. I love his adobo, adobong pusit, fish with tokwa, asado, and beef steak. Kuya and I learned how to cook from him.

2) When Allen and I do our weekly grocery at SM, we make sure that we bring Dad 2 slices of pizza from Pizza Hut. He likes pizza so much.

3) Every noon, we hear kids shouting "Daddy Ben! Daddy Ben!" in front of our house. Dad likes to give these streetkids food and clothing. There's one time when he gave them a soap and he sprayed them water using our garden hose. 'twas a fun bath time for these kids.

4) When we were kids, Dad used to give this advice: to study hard, make the most out of the time while Dad's still strong.

5) Vicks would always remind me of Daddy. I used to apply Vicks on his back.

6) Coke Sakto. We never run out of these little suckers inside our refrigerator. We also love to munch on peanuts. He buys these small sachets of peanuts for 5 to 10 bucks and fill an old peanut butter bottle with 'em.

7) Daddy was fond of hats. I have a small collection myself.

8) I remember one of my friends commenting that I have a weird laugh. Dad had one too. He's got a wicked sense of humor.
Kuya and I inherited it.

9) Dad used to take me to school when I was in college. We wake up super early. He has this thermos of coffee and a wet face towel. Whenever he feels sleepy, he gets his towel and wipes his face. He would also ask either Mom or me to give him his caffeine fix.

10) Hope was his favorite brand of cigarette. We signed SOOOO many cigarette wrappers for the Hope & Winston Millionaires contest. Sadly, we didn't win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home