\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Alexandria and Georgetown

Cooked chop suey for the first time today. I prepared the ingredients. Sliced the tofu into thin slices and fried 'em. As for the veggies, I cut them broccoli, snow peas, garlic & onions. Soaked the shitake mushrooms. I cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and put some salt and pepa in it. Tom suggested to put some cabbage so he cut them up.

I sauted the garlic and onions. Put the chicken in. I know that broccoli and cabbage take awhile to get cooked so I threw them in.

For the sauce, I mixed some cornstarch, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and water. When the veggies became soft, I added the sauce.

After 5 minoots, I added the cooked tofu, mushrooms and the snow peas. I like the peas to be crunchy.

Tom and Ogz bought some roasted chicken from Harris Teeter and that completed our brunch.

Armed with Tom's GPS, we drove over to Old Town, Alexandria. We found this nice cafe called "Uptowner Cafe" along King St. where we took some photos before checking out the area. They have books & mags you can read while eating your snack. I wish I brought my book =o(
Our plan was to check out the Water Front. Along the way there, we found a lot of interesting shops. There's a shop called Book Bank where I found a copy of "Catcher in the Rye" but when I saw the price, I left it alone =o( 20 bucks!!!
There's a shop that sells Jamaican stuff. I got this nice Rasta cap. I miss my dreads ;oP
After walking like 16 blocks, we finally found the Waterfront. Lotsa peeps here just hanging around. We found a street magician, some guy making music out of wine glasses (he played a tune very close to "Ako ay Pilipino"), a donkey-drawn carriage, and free water & biscuits for doggies. I found so many dogs of different breeds & sizes. One yellow Lab reminded me of West. Can't wait to see our new dog back home. I miss Butter too =o(
It's time for our photo shoot. Tyra Mail!!!!
On our way back to the car, we stopped by the visitor center.
We still planned to check out Georgetown so we had our snacks first at Subway. 'twas Tomas' treat. Yay!

With Tom's GPS, we looked for the directions to Georgetown. It was like 15 minoots away. Traffic was kinda bad in this place. Couldn't find a place to park. The place is alive with young peeps though. Y'see, Georgetown University is nearby. I found a lot of shops here that are unfamiliar to me. We wanted to drink but Tom couldn't drink and drive so we decided to just continue the fun at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home