\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Doesn't Matter if You're Black or White!

Staying at Clarion Hotel in San Francisco (for free, thanks to Kuya Bong) had inspired me to do more black & white photos. Y'see, all the photos hanging on their walls are done in B&W.

Now, lemme warn you that not all photos would look good in black & white. Imagine stripping off your photo of its colors! Texture and shadows would step up to the plate now.

Buying a B&W film is expensive. For your digital pictures, a graphics application such as Photoshop is our manna from the heavens. Photoshop has an easy way to convert your pictures to its B&W version.

I took this shot of the Golden Gate Bridge. It looks nice but I thought it needs some more drama.
I didn't want too much plant on the lower left or those hideous octagonal marks at the bottom right section. I made sure that the focal point is the bridge itself.
So I made a rectangular selection. Using the Crop command from the Image menu, you can get rid of unwanted parts.
And here's your trimmed picture. Looks nice and all.
For the final touch, go to Image menu and choose Mode -> Grayscale.
Here's the final product:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home