\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Poker Night v. 2.0

Ogz and I visited Kirkpatrick's at quarter till 6 hoping that we could register early for the poker tournament. Unforch, the bartender advised us to wait. Instead of inhaling all the smoke inside the bar, we opted to walk around the Ashburn Village area. I bought some water at Giant. At 6, we went back to Kirkpatrick's and gave our names to the bartender. With an hour to spare, we went back home to have an early dinner—leftover spareribs sinigang.

At 7, Ogz and I bought Yuengling and seated ourselves in one of the 5 tables. I recognized some of the players that were present last week. I enjoyed playing more this time since I have somebody to chat with during breaks.

During the first 10 minoots of the game, somebody threw his cards (signaling a fold) but quickly grabbed them and bet. He was caught by a big black guy beside him. They had an argument. The other player was telling the offender that he's not allowed to do that 'cause it's against the rule. According to the offender, this is just a game and we're not playing for money at all. Still. Somebody suggested to call an organizer to solve this issue. Too bad a fight didn't ensue. It would've been fun to watch ;oP

Ogz didn't want to be the first one out. He wasn't. But he wasn't lucky tonight too. His last two cards were a Queen and a 10. I fought him with my 5 and 8. I won with a straight hand. I killed him.

One good thing about playing poker is that I learned how to be more patient. If I got dealt with a not-so-good pair, I fold. I always hope that I'll get a better pair next time. Most of the time, it's the right decision ;oP

From 40, we're down to 8 players. Y'see, the other players from the other 4 tables will join you eventually. So it's like you're battling against all these guys. The last 8 will sign on this sheet of paper and earn respective points. When you earn enuff points, you might be invited back in January to participate in a special tournament.

Oh my god, it's down to three. One lady who's obviously winning from all her chips (she likes to arrange them with all the white portions in one straight line). One Asian-American guy who intimidates the hell out of me. And the Knottydon.

My last two cards were an Ace and a Five. I went all-in 'cause I was down to just 4K. I won in the last game even! I secured the third spot (with 12K worth of chips)!!! An organizer gave me this 10-dollar gift card from Kirkpatrick's. The other guy got 25 bucks. And the lady won 50 dollars. I shook their hands. I also didn't forget to write my name
down on that "list" before Ogz and I left the place. Got a big smile on my face ;oP

2 Comments:

Blogger tabel said...

Congrats Donish!!! Lucky night ah. A 5 and an 8 against a Queen and a 10. Astig!!!

Wawa Augs... hehehe

2:32 PM  
Blogger knottydon said...

Eto na ata ang most memorable poker game ko, well, aside from the two consecutive nights na panalo ko dyan sa Pinas (shempre di ko makakalimutan yun no!). kumita pa ko ng ten dollars. tatago ko yun gift card. remembrance (so Pinoy!)

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home