\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Shopping on Black Friday

Our goal is to visit the "Ed Hardy" shop in New York. Tita Mel and Letty accompanied us. We took the subway and bus to reach the old meat packing district. It was hard to locate this shop. Tita Letty called them and asked for directions. Found their flagship shop finally on W 13th street.
The shop is rather small. When you enter, you'll see the DJ on your right playing loud music. And to your left is a wall filled with pictures of celebrities wearing Ed Hardy shirts or caps. The place is not crowded with people though (thank gawd!). They are selling jeans, t-shirts, caps, jackets, to bottled water.
We came here for the shoes so Ogz and I went directly to the shoe area. I found the Kamikaze design and tried it on. It's an 8 but it's kinda small. A big black associate was folding shirts so I asked him if he's got a 9. He opened his shoe closet but informed me that they don't have it. Crap! I chose a different design and found a nice shoelace-less highcut shoe. I asked for the other pair. He looked around again and informed me later that the other pair is missing 'cause there's this one time that somebody gave an 8 and a 9 to a customer. What?! Oh well, I gave up. After a few minoots, Ogz was holding a pair of sized-9 Kamikaze design shoes. Ugh! I'll just shop online instead of dealing with nincompoop associates.

Tita Letty & Mel brought us to Chinatown for lunch. We went to Hop Kee and ordered crabs, fried noodles, fried flounder and porkchops. I was so stuffed. I heard that they also took Raz here. Lotsa Pinoys eat here apparently.

On the way back to the subway, we found lotsa branded stuff being sold for cheap prices. This will remind you so much of Greenhills back home. Yep, they are imitations.

Ogz and I parted ways with the Titas in front of Macy's. It's Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, so there are a lot of people shopping for discounted items. But when we saw the long lines, we got discouraged to buy. It's better to shop in Virginia with less people and with clearance sections too ;oP
We visited shops like H&M (Ogz's fave), Gap (their multi-colored scarf is 98 bucks!), Victoria's Secret, MTV, etc. I didn't find anything that suits my fancy.

The weather wasn't cooperating too. It's freaking cold outside. I need to get a thermal underwear soon. We bought some coffee at Starbucks to warm our balls.

We had fun watching the holiday window designs of "Lord & Taylor" and "Saks Fifth Avenue". It's like having a smaller (but way better) version of our local "C.O.D" in Cubao. Lotsa mechanical dolls. So pretty.
Dinner at Friday's was not a good idea. The food was expensive. I had Mahi-Mahi but the price turned me off so I didn't enjoy the food. And I was still cold. When it's cold, I pee more often. I must have taken more than 15 trips to the restrooms in New York.
Dammit!
We found people ice skating at Bryant Park. We wanted to try it but there was a freakin' long line too. It's free, y'see. Anyhoo, we decided to just do some ice skating back in Ashburn.
The Christmas tree at the Rockefeller Center hasn't been lit yet so it looks kinda sad.
We wanted to visit Abercrombie & Fitch at Fifth Ave but it was already closed. Ogz found another H&M store and got some long-sleeves shirts there. I was already tired so I just waited for him to finish his shopping. Since most of the stores were already closed, we decided to go back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home