\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Illustration Friday: Soar

I had so much fun doing this illustration. My nephew, Lance, thought of making an illo out of his toy pig. This is the model and that is Lance's finger holding the model in the right position.
I used Adobe Illustrator for the pig illo.This took me a long time to finish since my nephew always moves and gets tired of holding down the model.
Using Adobe Photoshop, I pasted into some feathers, added the scotch tape effect, and created the background. I wanted to create a nice set of wings. Am super happy with the outcome of my patience. Then with TwistedBrush, I added the clouds. Babe is flying now ;oP

12 Comments:

Blogger life without novacaine said...

Love your execution of the topic. Very clever using a "live" model! I really like your illo very much. Thank you for the nice comment on my blog.

12:27 AM  
Blogger aya said...

wonderful!

1:10 AM  
Blogger amywho said...

I absolutely adore it!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've captured that toy pig perfectly! I love all the effects, the scotch tape on the wings, the background, really great work and a wonderful idea.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Rai Dal Borra said...

Hey!
Thanks for your encouraging comment on my first I.F. illo.
I must say that i really like your stuff, too.
Great sense of humor!

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey knottydon!
Splendid illustration you have here! It reminds me of 'airpork'. I don't know if you have airpork in Philippines but yeah. Great job once again and thanks for the encouraging comment (:

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this your best artwork so far! i absolutely love it. i love the concept. the colors on the pig's wings are cool. they remind me of the feathers of a 'sarimanok'. and i liked that the clouds are realistic instead of cartoonish. perfect contrast. you did an excellent job.

5:29 PM  
Blogger knottydon said...

thank you for all your wonderful comments. my nephew, niece and I love reading them. it's like getting cookies after doing good in school ;oP

8:23 PM  
Blogger lindsay.illustration@gmail.com said...

Very nice line work. I love that you made all the seams on the toy. It's as if he's leaving the play room to start an adventure... Great job!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Liz Jones said...

Aww. A Pigasus!!
Love it!!

12:15 AM  
Blogger knottydon said...

teehee... that's really funny!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Danielle McDonald said...

Ha ha - love it! Very clever and great job with illustrator!

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home