\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Top Ten Food I Miss

In 7 days, I'll be tasting authentic Filipino dishes once again. Even though we try our best to recreate Filip dishes here in the US, the taste is still different. I made a list of food I'm deffo gonna have:

1) Adobong pusit - I requested Kuya to cook this for me when I visit them in Boracay for the holidays. The spicier, the better. *drool*

2) KFC Hot & Crispy chicken - the KFC in the US pales in comparison. The overflowing pepper-overloaded gravy is the gravy to beat.

3) Crispy Tilapia Fillet & Gising-Gising combo @ Recipes - I hope the waiter there still recognizes my face.

4) Beef Sumo Meal @ Tokyo Tokyo - the beef tenderloin strips, the potato balls and the wantusawa rice.

5) Pancit Bihon in Pan de sal - I miss doing this. Pan de sal with Purefoods hotdog and cheese is also perfect!

6) Sipa, Stuffed Squid and Halaan soup @ Wok Inn - Happy Fiesta!!!

7) Chicken Macaroni Sopas - Lutong bahay dapat. Shredded chicken fillet, carrots, celery, elbow or shell macaroni at Carnation Evap.

8) Biko, Puto Bumbong & Bibingka - I wish I could attend a Simbang Gabi. Kahit just once.

9) Grilled Bangus or Tuyo - Super sarap with calamansi-toyo-sili for the bangus. For the tuyo, sinamak (vinegar, sili, onion) ang katapat!

10) Squidballs & Kwek-kweks - Has to be Ayala version. These street food do not taste good anywhere else. It's in the sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home