\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Almost Doesn't Count

I arrived at Kirkpatrick's around 9:30. I looked for the familiar bartender and asked if I could still sign up for the next game. She said yes and asked for my name. Instead of waiting and inhaling all the smoke inside the bar, I left and battled the cold weather. I walked towards Giant, a supermarket in the Ashburn Village.

After checking out some magazines (a good way to kill time), I went back to the bar. The 7:00 game was still ongoing. I got myself some Yuengling (only 2 bucks on Tuesdays). At 10:30, the next game began. I saw some familiar players but they're not seated in my table. I positioned myself in the corner and waited quietly.

I started slow. I kept getting not-so-good cards. There were times when I fold, I realize that it was a stupid move. If I held on, I would've won. Oh well.

I didn't win till like after the 10th deal. It felt really good to win. I won two consecutive deals too. Yay! A straight and a flush. There was a time when I surrendered my cards feeling lost. Good thing my opponent was honest enough to point out my winning. Teehee. I should be extra careful and focused next time.

Slowly, the crowd began to thin. I just didn't wanna leave early. My wish is to be included in the top 10 players. The blinds have built up too from 100-200 to 8000-16000. Oh my gosh!

Did I win any gift cards tonight? Unforch, I only finished 4th (out of 24 players). Not bad really. But I wanna get those gift cards as a consolation prize. Maybe next time. I'm still proud of myself.

Oh, by the way, Friday is karaoke night at Kirkpatrick's. I might check it out ;oP Humanda sila!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home