\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, January 21, 2008

Cloverfield

I trust JJ Abrams to give me a good movie. I've been a fan of his works, "Alias" and "Lost", so I have high hopes for this film that he produced.

The movie started like "The Blair Witch Project". They found this video and it documented what happened on that night. I assumed that the owner of the vid didn't survive (just like the BWP). Throughout the film, you get this shaky camera shots. Not for those who are nausea prone.

For those of you who wanna see the monster right away, you have to wait for a long time. They spent too much time in the going-away party. I wanted to shout, "Where's the freakin' monster?!" You will only get a glimpse of the creature every now and then. As a bonus, it comes with these little tykes of mini-monsters. The subway scene was cool.

Filming the destruction through a video cam (with 7-hour battery!) added realism. It will remind you of 911 especially the smoke, the fire, and the debris.

To tell you frankly, there's no character here that I would like to see breathing at the end of the movie. I don't buy that Rob loves his girlfriend, Beth, so much that he'd do the stupid rescue thing. As for Beth, the actress reminds me of that chick in "Transformers". Very pretty. Also very strong. After getting pinned down by a long rod of steel, she's able to run as quickly as Rob later on. Hud was funny. Also, he's got the most memorable death scene.

When Godzilla died, I cried. When King Kong died, I cried too. As for this latest ginormous monster, I couldn't care less.

2 Comments:

Blogger thenonhacker said...

Langya di ka man lang naglagay ng spoiler alert, ROFL! :D

So namatay pala ang cameraman.

5:54 PM  
Blogger knottydon said...

oo nga pala. i forgot! next time po ;oP

showing na ba to sa Pinas?

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home