\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, January 07, 2008

I am Legend

*contains spoilers

Tried to get as much sleep as I could. Unforch, I only had 5 hours of sleep last night, from 8ish to 1 am. Hunger struck so I had to go to Harris Teeter and bought some bread. I brought some condensed milk & cheese from the Philippines so that made my tummy happy.

Around 3 pm, Ogz and I went to Tyson's Corner to watch Will Smith's "I am Legend". Unlike Regal theaters in Sterling, AMC is more of the Greenbelt posh-type of a cinema. You can purchase your tickets from their counters or if you have a credit card, you can do it a la ATM style.

Before the movie started, we had our late brunch & dinner in one.

Two months ago, when I saw the trailer for this latest Smith movie, I was like, "I'm soooo gonna watch that film!" The idea of being the "last" man on earth with a German Shepherd as a company really peaked my interest.

Seeing a very silent NYC with overgrown weeds everywhere is quite a view. If you watch closely, you could even see a movie billboard with Batman & Superman logos in them. A future plan perhaps?

I love the bonding of Robert Neville, Will's character, and Sam, the dog. You'll see them eating together, shooting wild animals together, and "shopping" together. The reaction of Sam when Will mentioned that it's his birthday was priceless. I cried buckets during Sam's final scene. As expected.

Watch out for the bacon scene.

Willow, the daughter of Will, also stars in the movie. They must've watched "Shrek" many times at home 'cause they included a scene where Will stated a long dialogue between Shrek & Donkey. That was funny.

One last thing, when the movie ends, you might end up singing to Bob Marley's songs especially, "don't worry about a thing 'cause every little thing is gonna be alright" ;oP

1 Comments:

Blogger sketched out said...

Saw " I am Legend" also. It was so much better than I thought it would be..and I thought it would be good.

I had pretty much the same reactions as you did (Sam's final scene, sniff).

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home