\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, January 07, 2008

I See Trees of Green...ville

My day started super early today. A cab picked me and Ogz up at 6 and we headed to Dulles airport. Checked in our luggage and waited at Gate 20 for our plane. While waiting we bought some Starbucks coffee to keep us awake.

Our flight got delayed so we didn't reach Greenville, South Carolina, till like 10:07 am. A cab was already waiting for us. This is the same cab that regularly takes Ogz to and from work. So happy to see a poodle in front of the car. Her name is Gabriella.
The office of the new client project I'll be working on is just 10 minoots from the airport. The place is huge and the cube where I'll be working at is on the second floor. Dragging my luggage and getting on the lift feels like I'm going to a hotel ;oP

Ogz introduced me to the peeps that I'll be working with. They're all friendly and accommodating. Sweet!

We then prepared my machine for the applications that I'll be seeing each day.

For lunch, we went downstairs to their cafeteria. Got some pizza, salad and chicken noodle soup. Not much food selection but the place is huge. It's like your typical food court at the mall. They also have a gym nearby.

Had a meeting at 3 pm and it lasted for about an hour. I recreated some defects seen by the client before heading to the hotel.

We're staying at Residence Inn. When I saw my room number, I almost sang, "Good evening, ma'am. Don't turn the bed yet. I'm not the maid. What do you want then? They must've written the room number wrong..." If you know Miss Saigon, you know what I'm talking about.

Got a nice hotel room with full kitchen, a dining table, a spacious living room, a small desk for my office/blogging needs (free wi-fi, yay!), clean bathroom, and a queen-sized bed.
The free snacks at the lobby only lasted till 7 so we headed downstairs and got some crackers, cheese, tuna salad, green salad, and wine. Ogz also planned to cook some porkchops for dinner so we walked towards the nearest grocery called Super Bi-Lo (their local version of Walmart probably). After getting what we needed, we went to Ogz's hotel room and had a sumptuous dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home