\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Techy Smetzy

40% of my day today was spent configuring my lappy. With my current OS, Vista, and browser, IE7.0, I'm having lotsa problems with our software. I need to do some code changes and testing soon.

So I researched on virtual environment and came across Microsoft Virtual PC. It says that I could run IE 6.0 on a virtual Windows XP environment with it. That's ultra cool. I just hope my 2 GB of memory will not conk out on me.

After installing VPC, I was pretty excited to work. I feel like I achieved something. But a big problem came when I couldn't go online. Did lotsa Googling and found out that I wasn't the only one who had a hard time getting internet connectivity in VPC. Oh, mannnnnn!!!! I was tempted to use VMware instead but I didn't give up. I finally got it to work after tinkering with the settings.

Next task was to install Eclipse and make sure that I get to run our application with it. A problem came when I got an error on resource not being found. Ugh! I really tried to follow the documentation that Ogz gave me but I was still getting problems. I've already memorized the steps. It's very frustrating.

I plan to check my files if I got everything from Ogz. I will do some more Googling.

Before I hit the sack, I filmed this short vid on my first snow in Greenville.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home