\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, February 24, 2008

An Apple a Day

Ever since I got my MacBook Air, I've been spending countless hours learning about its nature, attitude, and quirks.

You'll notice right away that the interface is very simple and clean. You don't see much of the unnecessary files lying around. A+ for organization.

Normally when I boot up my other laptop, I'd go to the pantry, make my oatmeal brekky and fix my hot chocolate and when I come back, it would be just about done with the startup. It takes quite awhile. With my MBA, it's really fast startup.

Am introduced to the DMG format. It's the counterpart of exe in Windows. You just double-click it and your installation will be on the way. On the other hand, if you wanna get rid of an application, you can just drag it to the waste basket icon and voila! You have uninstalled your program by that simple step.

There's an extra key called Command. It acts like the Control key in PCs.

The graphics is totally amazing. Can't wait to do some illustrations & photo editing here. I personally love the screen savers, Flurry & Arabesque (and yet I only heard of this term in my aerobics class).

In Apple, you can use the four corners of the display to do some stuff. This is where I set to minimize all windows and startup/disable the screen saver.

On to the functionalities. First I checked is the Quicktime. I was shocked when I tried running my divx films and all I got was sound. Went to the Apple site and downloaded the codec. After some tinkering here & there, I can now watch movies with my MBA. Yay!

I tried accessing my other laptop's CD/DVD drive. I just turned on the CD sharing in my other laptop and I could easily see the contents of the drive in my Mac. I just saved 99 dollars. I don't need the SuperDrive anymore.

Am currently working on having another OS installed in my Mac. I wanna run some Windows programs to get the best of both worlds.

Now let's talk about the quirks. When you press delete, it asks like a backspace. So be careful. You must press Function along with the Delete key.

To capture the screen, you must press the following keys: Shift+Command+3. There ain't no single button for it.

That's all I can share for now. More stories next time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!!!

pero....

galit sa yo si Joy. Wag ka na daw babalik ng pilipinas.

Unless kung ibibigay mo sa kanya macbook air mo. hahahaha!

- tiongks

8:35 PM  
Blogger knottydon said...

Tiongks!!!

Nabuhay ka! Musta po?

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home