\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Say it with Candles

I've never attended a candle party before. When Vicky invited Ogz & I for one, I was, like, count me in. Actually, this is a business of our friend, Sandy. Vicky offered to host the PartyLite event.

When we reached Vicky's house, Sandy was already there preparing her candles. I saw a cute giraffe, elephant figurines, gecko and several pretty candle holders. Angelina, a girl who works at PetSmart, was also a guest. Vicky was taking care of the food. Mmmm....
While waiting for the other guests, I played with Remy, who greeted us by barking at us for, like, 2 minoots.
Then it's time to taste the food. I got some meatballs & chicken wings and got some punch that Vicky made.
When everyone was done with their food (Remy got some ice cream and the occasional food scraps), Sandy gave a short presentation. She also handed out catalogs.

These candles really create a character out of any room. Personally, I love candles in my bathroom. I light 'em up and then I soak myself in the bathtub while listening to soothing music.
Different scented candles were passed around so we would know which ones tickle our fancy. My favorites are the "Teakwood & Cardamom", "Seaside Mist" and the "Herbal Mint" that smells like soap. Sandy's ultimate favorite is "Honeydew" while Vicky got her eye (or nose) on "Bird of Paradise" which, I must say, ain't a crowd favorite.

As for the candle holders, I think I'm gonna get the Buddha candle holder.

Around 8ish, Jyoti arrived with her daughter too. She started crying when Remy barked at them but she stopped immediately ;oP


Normally, guests would fill out forms for the door prize raffle. Since Sandy brought a lot of them, we all got one party giveaway. Sweet! I got the chocolate scented one. Thanks, Sandy. Also, thanks, Vicky, for hosting this party.

1 Comments:

Blogger itsme_apaul said...

i love red rhubarb its really smells so goood!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home