\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Adobado

My grandma, Nanay Anda, handed me this adobo recipe more than a decade ago. For several years, I've mastered this recipe and it has become one of my well-loved dish. I'm sharing this to you now.

"Adobado" is a different version of pork adobo. Some use the fatty part of the pork but in this recipe, it's just lean meat.

The secret to a delish adobo is the garlic. Lots of it. You have to crush them and put them along with the bite-sized pieces of pork in water. How much water? Make sure that it's enuff to tenderize the meat. Use medium heat.

Add crushed laurel or bay leaves. Add pepper (I use freshly ground pepper). I like to put a lot of pepper too in my adobado. Look, Ma, no salt!

Then add three parts vinegar & 1 part less-sodium soy sauce. I used the ladle to measure. DON'T MIX!!!

Let this thing boil and simmer. After about 10 minoots, check it then mix them up. Let it simmer until all the water is gone.

Use a bit of oil and fry the pork. You don't want it pale looking ;oP

Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home