\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Monday, June 09, 2008

The Heat is On

Before driving over to Tyson's Corner, Raz & I had a very hearty lunch, composed of shrimp she bought in Harris Teeter and some leftover tuyo. OMG! We were so stuffed! Shhhh, don't tell anyone we almost ate 3 cups of rice ;oP

'twas so hot outside that I couldn't touch the wheel during the first few minoots of driving. I was like a lady driver drying her fingernails. Even the seat belt buckle is so damn hot. When Raz checked the temperature outside, it's already 102°. What the...! Turned the AC on full blast.

Every time I go to Tyson's, my first stop is always the Apple store. Took these shots using a MacBook Air's Photo Booth:
Nordstrom plays live piano music. At this branch, it's Lenny, a man in his 50s, who is normally tinkering the ivory keys. I stopped by and said hello to him. He commented that hasn't seen me in a while. Told him I've been traveling. Actually, whenever I go to Tyson's, I visit Nordstrom all the time and look for him but sometimes he's not in his station.

I had time to spare so I stayed by his side and enjoyed his piano music. He doesn't have piano pieces to rely on. He relies on good ole memory. When he started playing a composition of Legrand, I asked if he knows anything from "Yentl". He gave me "The Way He Makes Me Feel". I sang a few lines but not too loudly.

He continued with "The Windmills of Your Mind", "The Lady is a Tramp" and "Somewhere in Time". Thanked him for sharing his music and left.

The A|X store right beside Sony Style is already open. Nuthin' caught my fancy. They've got shirts for 30 bucks though.

I expected to see lotsa stores on sale 'cause Father's Day is approaching. Too bad most of the stuff that I bought are at full prices. Bought a shirt from "Ruehl", a pair of shorts from "Guess" and two tees from "Urban Outfitters".

On our way home, Raz suggested to stop by Grandmart to buy a phone card. We decided to buy tilapia for dinner too.

Afterwards, we got caught in a heavy downpour. It's like somebody threw buckets of water at our windshield. Couldn't see much outside. We saw rain being blown horizontally. The wind was frighteningly strong. Suddenly, the lights at the intersection of 7 & N Sterling Blvd went *poof*. We were hoping that it's not another tornado attack. Raz advised me to slow down. We prayed that we get home safely.

After driving for 2 minoots, the rain stopped. We looked at our rearview mirror and it was pretty dark back there. Whew! Thank God we reached home safe and dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home