\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wanted

The movie started a la "Matrix". This agent is running in slow mo with papers all around him flying everywhere. Then he jumped through a building glass (magically without injuring himself) and shot his enemies from the building across successfully. Nice special effects but it looked forced to me. I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy the rest.

In the first few moments of the film, I thought Shia LeBoeuf could've been cast as Wesley Gibson. Our ordinary hero curses and fumbles all the time. But one thing that makes James McAvoy as the right actor for the role is that, he was convincing in his fight scenes. Although I wonder how his small frame could handle such intense training. Maybe the wax rejuvenation treatment works.

Angelina was born to do the role of "Fox". I don't see anyone else doing it if she didn't accept the role. She's extremely beautiful and believable in the action senes. She showed off her wonderful naked body too. Too bad there wasn't any intimate scenes.

Morgan Freeman as Sloan was good but I think Samuel L. Jackson would be more effective as the top villain. Plus, he would be able to fight instead of just barking orders.

The edge-of-your-seat train scene was the highlight for me. And in this moment that James McAvoy's character found a crucial info about his life. Nice twist.

I wasn't expecting Fox to kill herself too. I guess she didn't wanna sign up for a possible sequel.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home