\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back to Work

Woke up at 5 this morning. Forgot to buy coffee or hot choco so I immediately went inside the bathroom for my hot shower.

Left Bulacan at 6. Paid 9 pesos for my jeep fare going to Tungko. There I boarded a bus going to Fairview. It set me back 28 pesos.

My tummy was complaining so I looked for a place to eat. Jollibee was the perfect choice for my hunger. I got some corned beef brekky. I so miss this! 72 pesos for the meal.

Shortly after, I boarded a bus going to Ayala. Fare is 55 pesos. Total fare one way is 92.

Tomorrow, I might aboard a Philcoa jeep and wait for my bus in Fairview instead.

At Paseo de Roxas, I got off and looked for our building. I remember from the stories that it's near the corner so I began walking. I texted Beng and asked for the address.

I found the building SSHG Law Centre but I wasn't sure if this is the right place. I went inside and checked the building directory. That's when I got Beng's reply. It's the right place alright. This is it!
On the 6th floor, I saw two familiar faces right away: Rudy and Ramil. I was hoping to see Nikks' face at the reception though. I was greeted by Joy and Beng.

I'm also happy that on my first day, I wasn't late. I arrived around 9:30ish.

Made chikahan with Dennis M. Then I went around greeting peeps: Onse, Mon, Dave, Sherwin, Olive, Rey, Onie, Randy, Nicko, Racquel, Norma, Jun, Boy and Faye. I don't know some of the new guys so I didn't approach them.

Jun was setting up my computer so I used his laptop to update my resume. The folks back in the US need this. Hopefully they could give me a new VISA soon.

It's time to inspect the new office. The ceiling lacks a handful of covers (one is directly on top of me). Since not all light fixtures have bulbs in them, the office looks gloomy. With enuff budget, this place could brighten up again.
When you go inside the pantry, it's like stepping inside somebody else's kitchen. The old stuff was there: the coffee maker, both manual and automatic, the condiments, hot & cold water dispenser and the refrigerator. The cabinets don't have door handles yet.
Sherwin advised me to open this particular door located beside the sink. When I opened it, it's the emergency exit stairway. It looks like a scene from an old war movie. Chernobyl was Sherwin's description.

I'm just glad that there's a piece of the old Enterworks left—the cubes. I crouch down so all I see is the cube. I imagine that I'm still in the Standard Chartered building. Teehee....

Now, let's talk about the public restrooms. Stress on "Public". It looks like a better version of the MRT restrooms. But it smells and still no toilet seats or free tissue.
I learned later on that at noon, the lights are killed and at 7 pm, the aircon is turned off to save on electricity.

I miss the Standard Chartered building. That place has so many fond memories.

2 Comments:

Blogger candylicious said...

couldn't help but cry while reading your post, donish. i miss you all so much, i miss enterworks, i miss the enterworks family, i miss standard chartered building... and your are right... that place has so many fond memories.. A LOT! hope to see you guys soon! :) take care and God bless!

6:34 PM  
Blogger candylicious said...

couldn't help but cry while reading your post, donish. i miss you all so much, i miss enterworks, i miss the enterworks family, i miss standard chartered building... and you are right... that place has so many fond memories.. A LOT! hope to see you guys soon! :) take care and God bless!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home