\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Bonding with the Development Team

I didn't wanna be late today for our thingie at work so I woke up earlier than normal and started preparing. I left my house around 7:30. While waiting for other passengers in the jeepney, I couldn't remember if I unplug my hair iron or not. Dayyum! I must go back home and check it.

When I returned home, it was indeed unplugged. Oh, man!

I reached Makati at quarter past 10. Our performance planning was scheduled at 10 but it hasn't started yet. Whew!

Got a call from my friends back in Ashburn, Virginia. 'twas fun catching up with them. Hopefully, I get to be included in the free tour inside the White House on the 23rd. Too bad, we couldn't bring cameras with us.

The planning started around 11 and was finished around noon. Well, that's not entirely true. We will continue at Red Box at 3 pm.

For our late lunch, Beng, Lizette, Mike, Archie (the birthday boy), Ramil, Wacks, Herbert and I went to Tokyo Tokyo. I discovered that if we present our company ID there, we get to have a free iced tea. Sweet!

An hour later, we still had an hour to kill so I did some shopping at GB3. Bought a new Diesel cap and found a nice shirt & a shower curtain at Hobbes & Landes. Then I got a text message from Beng informing me that they're already at Red Box and singing. Can't resist the urge to sing so I joined them immediately.

Our company rented the place for 4 hours. We still had some stuff to do but during the last hour, we're able to sing our hearts away. Beng & I did a duet of "Bleeding Love". Herbert & I did "Bohemian Rhapsody". Herbert & Mon did "Close to You" which got us in stitches. Archie & Wacks did a funny version of Hagibis' "Katawan". And OJ sang "Lead Me Lord". I know some of you are raising your eyebrows now.
Anyhoo, I enjoyed the day. I got to learn more about my work mates even though I seldom see or even work with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home