\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Pursuit of Happyness

During one of our lunch chit chats, my friends and I talked about some of the good films we've seen recently and this is one film that Mike and Beng recommended to be worth seeing.

The movie stars Will Smith, Thandie Newton ("Crash", "") and the adorable Jaden Smith (Will's carbon copy). It's a story of a family man struggling to make ends meet. I dunno why he opted to keep his son when he's got HUGE probs with moolah. I guess we've seen too many movies of a mother raising her child(ren) already. Where is Social Services when you need one?

Since the movie wants to portray the character of Will as smart, they used Will's actual talent in solving the Rubik's cube. You can watch him do it 4 real in this link. My friend, Aedner, can do it too!

I'm not sure if you noticed but, in almost all of Smith's films, there has to be a running scene. Which reminds me of Mel Gibson's character in the "Lethal Weapon" series.

Beng warned me that the movie is touching. Yep, I cried.

Favorite scene was the time-machine moment where Chris (Will Smith) and his son imagined that they traveled to the past. Oh, the last scene was cute too.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You should read the book they based the story on. It explains why he had to raise his son by himself.

If you watched the ending closely, you should see the real Chris Gardner walk past Will Smith, acknowledging each other in the process.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this film!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home