\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Crab Feast

The question was where to have dinner tonight. Rene suggested a seafood night so we thought of going to Captain Pell's or Joe's Crab Shack. But when we checked their menus, Joe's only offers buckets of crab legs. Now, we love the whole thing. Not just the legs. So I checked the other resto and found out that they can give us the whole thing. But a medium-sized would set us back 2.75 at least. Hmmmm....

Then Ogz suggested to just buy crabs from Costco or Grandmart. We checked out the crabs at Costco and found out that a big one costs 14 bucks. It's six dollars a pound. Eeek!

So the last resort was Grandmart. Jet, Michelle, Freya and I each grabbed thongs and found the live & kicking ones. I was surprised when I had 8 crabs weighed. It only costs 2 bucks. Sweet!!!

The crabs plus shrimps cost us only 20++ bucks. And that is like 4 crabs per person. This is gonna be a feast! We were all excited.

Back in the apartment, Joy & Rene cooked our din-dins. Joy made hers Southern style while Rene put some ginger, Sprite and vinegar on his batch. After 30 minoots or so, we had our crab feast.
Alwyn was the first to finish. Well, that's because he didn't have crabs.

We continued to enjoy our dinner with lotsa bantering (we love to pick on Jet). Freya & Mike wanted to get my crab fat but I held onto it. I always save the best for last. Mich, on the other hand, eats her crab in an interesting fashion. She takes out all the crab meat first and gathers them in one big heap. Then she eats everything. I just cannot do that.
After an hour or so, it's time for dessert. Joy prepared some strawberries with cream and chocolate. Dayyum! 'twas freakin' DELISH!
We also tasted the Bailey's choco that I bought at Costco. Yum-Oh!

4 Comments:

Blogger freya said...

good times! =)

4:59 AM  
Blogger Chel said...

grabe sobrang kakagutom at kakainggit to!

8:16 AM  
Blogger knottydon said...

I was telling my friends na nakaka-miss yung Dampa days natin talaga. Pag may gusto ng kanin, sinasandok ng kamay. Si Neil ata gumawa nun sa akin eh.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Chel said...

oo nga si Neil kinakamay ang kanin.. buti nagkakamay ka na pag kain ng crabs? dati ikaw ang bukod tanging naka kutsara't tinidor e hehehe.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home