\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Good and Bad

"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore" - Dorothy


Travel. One of the things that I don't like when I'm working back home is the travel time. I live far, far away from work and it takes about 3 hours just to get there... one freakin' way. Yep, It's like traveling from Virginia to Pennsylvania for work. It's killing me. I'm losing 6 hours of my life in traffic and jumping from one vehicle to another.

Food. That's what I like. You will never go hungry in the Philippines. Anytime (I mean ANYTIME) you feel like eating, you can always go out and find an open diner/resto/fastfood chain. Even though we cook local dishes in Ashburn, I still miss some of the food that we can't cook there.

I went to "Dragon Wok", formerly Wok Inn, and enjoyed their sipa, halaan soup and grilled stuffed squid. Visited Chow King and had pancit, siopao, boneless bangus, kangkong with bagoong and pork with tofu. In Goldilocks, I had some diniguan, bopis, sotanghon, and lumpiang shanghai. Bought siomai at Hen Lin. Tried the bibingka & puto bumbong at Via Mare. Delish!
Barkada. Miss my friends back here. I get to hang out with Nikks again and hear her endless stories. It's nice to chill out with my ever lukaret friends, Jhie, Tabs and Beng.  Too bad some of my friends are still in other countries. Hopefully, I'll get to see them during the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home